SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M January 9, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes : December 12, 2016
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
• Reserve Police Officers
• Town Treasurer
7. Open as Alcoholic License Board
• Transfer of Alcoholic License: Paddy LLC to Paddy at Main St. LLC
8. Close as Alcoholic License Board
9. Lions Club Circus Approval
• Grant to the Dalton Free Public Library from the Katharine L. W. and Winthrop M. Crane 3D Foundation
11. Old Dalton High Report
12. CBRSD WHRS Building Project
13. Green Communities Grant Project Report
14. Health Insurance for Select Board
15. Municipal Modernization Act – Dalton Division Rd. Speed Limits
16. Town Manager’s Budget Update FY 2018
• Free Cash Certification
• Retirement Assessment
17. DLTA Grant Ideas 2017
• Open Space & Recreation Plan
• Town of Washington shared services initiative
• Independent Review of ODH Plan(s)
18. MMA Annual Meeting Resolutions
19. Remarks of Select Board Members
20. Items for Future Agendas
• Collector’s Office: Reminder that Real Estate, Fire District, Personal Property, and Personal Fire District Taxes are due August 1st, November 1st, February 1st , and May 1st. Sewer bills are due October 1st and April 1st. Motor Vehicle bills are issued according to the Registry of Motor Vehicles’ schedule. Several batches are billed out during the year, reflecting information given at the time of each vehicle registration.
• Winter Parking Ban – The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban from November 15, 2016 until April 15, 2017 from 1:00 AM until 6 AM or during a Winter Emergency. Officers ticket vehicles with reminder notices until November 15th. Parking tickets will be issued thereafter.
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. New office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• New Office Hours for the Building Inspector - Mondays: 10:30 – 2:30 and Thursdays: 11:30 – 3:30. It is suggested that you call 684-6109 x 27 to schedule an appointment. The building official will also schedule an office appointment at a different day and time , if requested
22. Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and bargaining position of the public body); and to comply with, or act under the authority of general law Chapter 214 § 1B Right of Privacy, and return to open session:
• Minutes: December 12, 2017
23. Memorandums of Agreement with Labor Unions
24. Reorganization of Select Board