Essex Council on Aging Agenda - Draft
April 5, 2022 6 pm meeting
Meeting will take place in person at the Essex Senior Center, 17 Pickering Street, Essex, M
Meeting Facilitator: Kay Joseph
Invitees: Dawn Burnham, Kristin Crockett, Dick Denton, Beverly Dolinsky, Gil Frieden, Ralph Hawley, Millie Hamlen, Kay Joseph, Tess Leary, Susan Lufkin, Susan Parady, Diane Polley, Mary Wilhelm
Call to Order
• Secretary’s Report – Approval of Minutes
• Treasurer’s / Budget Reports
• Director’s Report
• Monthly Statistics
• Formula grant
• Meals update
• Facilities Update
• Covid-19 related update
• Strategic Plan Update
• Gift fund – vote required
• Upcoming officer elections and expiring terms in preparation for May vote
The Cape Ann Foundation https://lovecapeann.com/grant-application/ has a grant that opens on April 1. Kristin would like to apply for a grant from them under the "Regional Promotion category".
Essex County Community Foundation: First Jobs. https://masshire-northshorewb.com/youth/f1rstjobs/
• Programming Schedule/Procedure, creation of a subcommittee.
• Older Americans Month events:
• 80 / 90 year old luncheon: May 27, 1230 3rd floor town hall. Sponsored by Element Care. Catered by Burnham's Catering.
• Older Americans Ice Cream Social: (Tentative pending funding – vote required).
• Essex Veterans' Breakfast: Wednesday, May 24 Sponsored by Eastern Essex Veterans District. Open to all ages. Held at the Senior Center.
• Gift bags for seniors (vote needed). There is a proposal to transfer $600 towards 'gift bags' to be delived during the month of May to seniors from Gift Fund.
• $1000.00 from "travel club" (vote)
• By Law Revision Review – Susan Lufkin
• Board Member Liaison Monthly Updates
• Friends of the COA Update
• New issues
• Two minutes public comments