Selectmen’s Meeting September 12, 2022
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium, 30 Martin Street
This meeting will be conducted in-person, with the public welcome, but will also be made available to the public via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via two-way Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for two-way audio-only). Please note that while an option for remote attendance and/or participation is being provided as a courtesy to the public, the meeting/hearing will not be suspended or terminated if technological problems interrupt the virtual broadcast or its quality, unless otherwise required by law. Members of the public with particular interest in any specific item on this agenda should make plans for in-person versus virtual attendance accordingly.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via two-way audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
Further, it is likely that this meeting will be broadcast by 1623 Studios over the local cable television network. Please check your cable listings for details if you are a Comcast cable television subscriber.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Call to Order.
6:15 p.m. Mark Lynch from the Manchester-Essex Lions Club to consider proclaiming September 2022 Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in Essex.
6:30 p.m. Continuation of the July 11, 2022 Public Hearing regarding Dynamic Auto Brokers, 147 Eastern Avenue, Charles Coles and Mark Gallagher.
6:45 p.m. Meet jointly with the Planning Board to consider nominations for and to vote with the remaining members of the Planning Board on appointing a successor to Westley Burnham, who resigned from the Planning Board effective August 18, 2022, all in accordance with Section 11 of Chapter 41 of the General Laws.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period August 20, 2022 through September 9, 2022, regarding the following:
• Route 133 Essex River Bridge Replacement Project Update
• Solid Waste Contract Negotiations Update
• Old Essex Road Stream Crossing Site Visit
• Continued review of possible Fall Town Meeting topics.
• Finalization of MBTA Community Multi-Family Housing Rules Authorized by Section 3A of Chapter 40A
• Alewife Brook Stream Study Final Report
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 09/01/2022 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 08/19/2022 $ 199.00 Ambulance
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 08/19/2022 $ 3,000.00 Ambulance
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 09/08/2022warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 08/24/22 $ 1,311.46 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 08/24/22 $ 333.50 Fire
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s August 22, 2022, Open Meeting.
• Vote to accept a donation in the amount of $1,000.00 to the Police Department Gift Account.
• Vote to ratify the Chairman’s signature on a letter of support for an MS4 Municipal Assistance Grant to help fund a stormwater bylaw and basic management practices retrofit implementation assistance.
• Consider a request from Leanne Lane to place a new memorial bench in honor of Janet Davis at Conomo Point adjacent to the Nancy Gallant memorial bench.
• Consider the placement of a flagpole at the Field of Dreams.
• Review updated suggested web link content for Climate Futures signage that has been posted in Essex.
• Consider a request from the Electrical Inspector to increase his annual stipend.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• Essex Historical Society & Shipbuilding Museum, KD Montgomery, 66 Main Street, for use on Sunday, October 9, 2022, oral history presentation and recordings for Smithsonian Program, inside the Waterline Center, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
• The Smithsonian Exhibition Luncheon Reception is scheduled for Friday, September 23, 2022, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please RSVP.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, September 26, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. in the 3rd floor auditorium of the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.
• The Strategic Planning Committee will hold a public forum regarding its draft update of the Essex Strategic Plan on Thursday, October 6, 2022, both virtually and in-person in the Town Hall 3rd floor auditorium at 7:00 p.m.
• Friday, October 21, Fall 2022 Greater Cape Ann Caucus, 11:45 a.m., Ipswich Town Hall, 25 Green Street.