Notice - this meeting is still happening but will be all virtual, due to the snowstorm. Use the link below in this posting or go to the Town website and see the red banner on the Town home page to join the meeting remotely. Please do not go to Town Hall. Thanks.
Selectmen’s Meeting January 23, 2023
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium, 30 Martin Street
This meeting will be conducted in-person, with the public welcome, but will also be made available to the public via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via two-way Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for two-way audio-only). Please note that while an option for remote attendance and/or participation is being provided as a courtesy to the public, the meeting/hearing will not be suspended or terminated if technological problems interrupt the virtual broadcast or its quality, unless otherwise required by law. Members of the public with particular interest in any specific item on this agenda should make plans for in-person versus virtual attendance accordingly.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via two-way audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
Further, it is likely that this meeting will be broadcast by 1623 Studios over the local cable television network. Please check your cable listings for details if you are a Comcast cable television subscriber.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Call to Order.
7:00 p.m. Quarterly Department Head Meeting.
8:00 p.m. Brooke Friedrich review of calendar year accomplishments and proposal of goals for calendar year 2023.
8:15 p.m. Chief Francis review of calendar year accomplishments and proposal of goals for calendar year 2023.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period January 7, 2023 through January 20, 2023, regarding the following:
• Economic Development Committee Meeting Summary
• Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) Submission, Apple Street Project
• Apple Street Roadbed Elevation and Culvert Replacement Project Update
• Solid Waste Hauling Contract
• Sale of Gregory Island Town-owned Lots
• Route 133 Essex River Bridge Replacement Project Update
• Conomo Point Stone Piers Renovation Project Update
• Further Discussion with Respect to Town Hall Bell Tower Roof Repair
• School Budget Collaboration Group Meeting Summary
• Continued Review of Annual Town Meeting Article Topics
• Community Planning Grant Small Group Meeting Summary
• Off-Season Event Sub-Working Group Meeting Summary
• Town Placemaking Plan Site Visit Summary
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s January 9, 2023, Open Meeting.
• Ratify the Chairman’s signature on the Volunteer Fire Assistance Grant contract.
• Ratify the Chairman’s signature on the petition for exemption a temporary waiver for Harbormaster Dan Fialho’s attendance at the training academy.
• Vote to accept the resignation of John Bediz from the Strategic Planning Committee.
• Vote to accept the resignation of Nat Crosby from the Historic Commission, effective 2/1/2023.
• Vote to appoint Meg Nelson to the Zoning Board of Appeals for the 1st 3-year term, commencing 2/1/2023.
• Vote to approve the Planning Board’s request to designate Peter Levasseur as their representative to the Community Preservation Committee (for a partial 3-year term, ending 6/30/23) and to the Strategic Planning Committee (for a partial 1-year term, ending 6/30/23), replacing Kim Drake and Lisa O’Donnell, respectively.
• Vote to reappoint the following people for a term of 1 year, beginning 2/1/2023:
• Amy Reilly – Animal Control Officer
• Diane Corliss – Assistant Animal Control Officer
• Consider a request from Woodman’s to close from January 3 to February 3, 2023 for cleaning and repairs.
• Vote to authorize the Chairman to approve and sign an “Action Plan for MBTA Communities” that describes the Town’s path toward the requirements in Chapter 40 A, Section 3 A of the General Laws.
• Vote to authorize the Chairman and/or the entire Board (as may be required) to execute outside of a meeting any and all documents associated with the Town’s State Revolving Loan Fund loan for Water Filtration Plant improvements ($2,600,000).
• Discuss the possibility that the seasonal property at 5 Cogswell Road is being occupied during the off season in violation of the deed from the Town to the new property owner.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, February 6, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the 3rd floor auditorium of the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.
• Possible discussion regarding right of first refusal to purchase B.J. Frye property at 31 Apple Street and further discussion with respect to the ongoing purchase process for the B.J. Frye property at 30 Apple Street.