Selectmen’s Meeting September 27, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Note: This meeting will be held in-person at the location provided on this notice. Members of the public are welcome to attend this in-person meeting. Please note that while an option for remote, audio-only attendance and/or participation is being provided as a courtesy to the public, the meeting/hearing will not be suspended or terminated if technological problems interrupt the virtual broadcast or its quality, unless otherwise required by law. Members of the public with particular interest in any specific item on this agenda should make plans for in-person vs. virtual attendance accordingly.
Call in Phone Number: 605-562-8401 Password: 8378315
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Call to Order.
6:05 p.m. Public Hearing regarding new license to store flammable/combustible liquids at 1 Laurel Lane (Map 209, Lots 29/30).
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period September 11, 2021 through September 24, 2021, regarding the following:
• Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Summary
• Public Safety Facility Roof Defect Meeting Summary
• Old Fire/Police Station Demolition Project Update
• School Budget Collaboration Group Meeting Summary
• Further Review of Draft Fall Town Meeting Warrant
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $144,621.85.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 09/16/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernest Nieberle Nieberle’s 08/24/2021 $ 112.10 Highway
David Pereen Pereen Plumbing 08/28/2021 $ 115.00 Council On Aging
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 09/23/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 09/15/2021 $ 155.00 Fire
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s September 13, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Vote to accept the resignation of Michelle Dyer from the Finance Committee.
• Vote to ratify the Chairman’s signature on a letter of support for the North Shore Alliance for Economic Development.
• Discuss possible locally-imposed end date for temporary, extended outdoor dining with alcohol service.
• Discuss whether the Town’s Reverse 911 System should be automatically populated with published Essex phone numbers.
• Consider allowing carry-in launching of small rowing crafts by approximately fifteen non-residents for an organized event using the Town Landing on October 2. Parking to be off-site.
• Consider nominations for the Employee of the Year and the Volunteer of the Year Awards.
• Signature of cover letters offering leases for northern Conomo Point, Robbins Island, and Beach Circle as follows (Assessors’ map 108 to be reconfigured in accordance with Conomo Point Commissioners’ revised leasehold maps):
o Category 3: Accessory Lots without Building, 1-Year, Seasonal Leases:
179 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 29 B, Lane
165 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 35, Walker
159 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 38, Wendell
162 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 44 B, McKenzie
170 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 47, Robinson/Woodward
172 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 48 B, Herrmann
0 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 74, Sisk
o Category 4: Accessory Lots with Building(s), 1-Year, Seasonal Leases:
9 Conomo Ln, Map 108, Lot 26, Lane
173 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 31, Bryer
163 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 36, Lane & Cushing
21 Middle Rd, Map 108, Lot 49 B, Holleran
109 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 77 B, True
o Category 7: Seasonal 1-Year Lease for Property with Dwelling:
11 Beach C, Map 108, Lot 79, Menges
o Category 8: Robbins Island Accessory Lots with Buildings, Seasonal 1-Year Leases:
43 Robbins Island Rd, Map 108, Lot 15 1, Riggs
44 Robbins Island Rd, Map 108, Lot 15 2, Winfrey
o Category 10: Lots with Building(s) and No Primary Dwelling Lot, 1-Year, Seasonal Lease:
161 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 37, Conomo Point Association
159 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 39, Fitzpatrick
155 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 40, Cottage Park
o Category 11: Accessory Lots with Building(s) and Septic System Components, 1-Year, Seasonal Lease:
168 Conomo Pt Rd, Map 108, Lot 46, Robinson/Woodward
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
LICENSING: Commercial Shellfish Permit for Joel Rembert.
• There will be a joint meeting of the Finance Committee and School District Representatives on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, beginning at 7:00 p.m.
• There will be a remote public forum regarding the Local Rapid Recovery Grant Program for both Manchester and Essex presented by Dodson and Flinker on September 29, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, October 4, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Town Hall at 30 Martin Street.