SELECT BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M November 7, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes : October 24, 2016
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Amendment to Policy for Appointments
• Town Planner
8. Old Dalton High Report
9. Housatonic Street Preparations for Winter Plowing
10. Amendment to GPI Contract for Housatonic Street Engineering
11. Grant Acceptances
• Mass Cultural Council
12. Special Town Meeting Proposed Motions & Appropriations
13. WHRS Building Committee Report
14. Remarks of Select Board Members
• Letter from The Cachats for the Toops
15. Items for Future Agendas
• Winter Parking Ban – The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban from November 15, 2016 until April 15, 2017 from 1:00 AM until 6 AM or during a Winter Emergency. Officers ticket vehicles with reminder notices until November 15th . Parking tickets will be issued thereafter.
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• New Office Hours for the Building Inspector are Monday from 10:30 – 1:00, Tuesday from 12:30 – 3:30 and Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and bargaining position of the public body); and to comply with, or act under the authority of general law Chapter 214 § 1B Right of Privacy, and not return to open session: