SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
CALLAHAN ROOM, DALTON TOWN HALL
7:00P.M., April 27, 2015
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Public to Address the Board
• An opportunity for members of the public to address the Select Board.
5. Approval of Minutes
• April 13, 2015
6. Dalton Carnival Request
7. Green Dalton Committee Recommendation, Energy Reduction Plan (Update)
8. Residential Solar Program- Promotion and MOU
9. Traffic Operations Assessment Dalton Division Road/Washington Mountain Road/William Street
10. Consideration of Select Board Positions on several Warrant Articles
11. Pipeline Working Group Update
12. Town Manager Updates
• Bidding on Several Projects
• DLTA Grants
• Edward J. Bryne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant
14. Items for Future Agendas
• The Town of Dalton Fourth Quarter Real Estate, Fire District and Personal Property Tax bills are due on May 4, 2105. Fourth quarter vouchers were attached to the bottom of the bill mailed in January, and should have been retained for use now.
Payments can be made at the Collector’s office Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mail payments to the Town of Dalton, 462 Main Street, Dalton, MA 01226, or leave in the drop box at the entrance to the Town Hall.
Questions Regarding Property valuations or assessments, or abatements and exemptions should be directed to the Board of Assessors office, 684-6111 Ext. 22 or 10. Questions regarding payments should be directed to the Collector’s office, 684-6111 Ext. 24 or 25.
• Dalton Memorial Day Committee will hold its annual Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 25, 2015. The parade forms at 9 a.m. @ the First Methodist Church. Step-off is at 9:30 a.m., and will travel west down Main Street with a ceremony to follow at the Main Street Cemetery.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• Annual Town Meeting will be on Monday, May 4, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at Wahconah Regional High School Auditorium.
• Annual Town Election will be on Monday, May 11, 2015 at the Dalton Community House, 400 Main Street, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• The Veteran’s Agent holds office hours on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
16. Executive Session: (NOTE: The Chairman must declare than an open meeting may have a detrimental effect of the negotiating position of the public body.)
• To conduct strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, and strategy with respect to litigation, and not return to open session.
• Executive Session Minutes
1. April 13, 2015
2. Consider release of various sets of Executive Session Minutes