SPECIAL SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting Via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, August 5, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via Zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83812632919
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83812632919 , or dial 684-6111 X28
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
• Acting Town Manager
• Interim Police Department Head
• Town Manager Search Committee
• Police Chief Search Committee
6. Lawn & Leaf Area – discussion of hiring Building & Grounds Assistant
7. Town Manager Updates
8. Items for Future Agendas
9. Remarks of Select Board
10. Select Board Chair Updates
• The Town Hall is now open during usual hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Wednesday and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday. Masks are required and social distancing must be observed.
• The Transfer Station New FY21 Prices
Sticker Price 1st Vehicle $115.00
2nd Vehicle $ 40.00
Bags Price 30 gal. Bag (large) $4.00 - Package of 10 $40.00
1.5 gal. Bag (small) $3.30 – Package of 10 $33.00
For a complete price list go to Dalton-ma.gov. and click on the Transfer Station button
• The Dalton Library is now open 12-5 on Monday, Thursday & Friday; 10-5 on Tuesday and 12-8 on Wednesday. Anyone in a high risk population may schedule a time in the AM to come in by themselves with no questions asked. Lobby pickup continues for anyone who would rather not enter the building. Call 684-6112 for more information.
12. Anticipated executive session in accordance with G.L. c. 30A, §21(a)(2) to conduct contract negotiations with non-union personnel (Interim Administrative Police Chief); and return to open session.
13. Ratification of Employment Agreement with Interim Administrative Police Chief