REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, May 13, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: April 22, 2019
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
• Board of Health
7. Report of the Traffic Commission
• Washington Mt. & Kirchner Rd. Signs
8. Junk Car Removal Update
• Old Windsor Rd
• Depot St.
• North St
9. Interdepartmental Transfers
10. Peace Officers Memorial Day and National Police Week
11. Select Board Meeting Schedule/Reorganization
12. Street Reconstruction/Resurfacing List
13. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
14. Town Manager Updates
• Cow Power
• N. Mt. Park
• Hoose House Award
• Old Dalton High Demolition
• Other Projects
15. Items for Future Agendas
16. Remarks of Select Board
• As part of Grow Dalton, the Dalton Appalachian Trail Community event this year will be a program to interest families/individuals in taking a hike this summer. The program is called Hiking 101. A presentation will be held on Wednesday May 15th at 6:30pm in the Dalton Library.
This evening program will be followed by a June 2 hike on the Appalachian Trail. The hike will be on a section that is appropriate for beginners--Blotz Road to Warner Hill--and it includes a lovely view.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Green Dalton Committee is looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
18. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy in preparation for negotiations with union & non-union personnel, (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body); and not return to open session:
19. Executive Session Minutes: April 9, 2019