SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., February 1, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meetingagenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
5. Public Hearing
• Petition for Joint or Identical Pole Location – 35’ pole to accommodate Mass DOT work on Mill and Housatonic ST.
6. Open as Sewer Commission
• FY’16 Stormwater Management Contract with BRPC
• Consider change from flat to metered rates - (2) Commercial Properties
7. Report on the MMA conference/meeting – Mary Cherry, Vice-Chair.
8. Old Dalton High Disposition
9. Budget Update and Budgets
122-Select Board, 141-Assessors, (142-Triennial Revaluation), 151–Legal Council, 154-Recording Secretary, 157-Computers, 182-Develop. Comm., 191-Old Dalton High, 192-Building Maint., 196-Town Hall, 197-Central Supplies, 222-Communication, 244 Sealer of Weights, 401 Engineering,
10. Pipeline working group update
11. Town Manager Projects Updates
12. Town Hall Parking
13. Future Agenda Items
• The Council on Aging is hosting a Senior Center Fifth Anniversary Open House on Friday February 12th from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM. All are welcome.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager’s Office.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban that goes into effect on November 15, 2015 and until April 15, 2016
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station located at the Senior Center, is in service and may be used free of charge for a short period of time
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.; or by appointment, in the Select Board Office, at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
15. Executive Session:
• To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body). To comply with, or act under the authority of any general law: Chapter 214 section 1B Right of Privacy and not return to open session.