SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., January 11, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes:, November 23, 2015, December 14th, 2015, December 28,2015
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meetingagenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Permission for Berkshire Running Center and Dewey Public House to hold a 5K Running Race.
• Grant to the Dalton Free Public Library from the Katharine
• L. W. and Winthrop M. Crane 3rd Foundation
• Grant to the Dalton Free Public Library from the Central Berkshire fund of the Berkshire Taconic Foundation
• Grant to theDalton Emergency Management Department from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency
8. Request for use of Town of Dalton Police Facilities or Equipment
9. Open as Sewer Commission
• Dalton Housing Authority: Susan Gregory to discuss Sewer Rates
10. Consideration of GPI Contract Amendment for Housatonic St. Construction
11. MMA/MIIA Annual Meeting:
• MMA Voting Member& Resolutions
• MIIA Voting Member
12. Bench for Bus Stop at Curtis and Main St.
13. Employee Parking at Congregational Church lot
14. Approval of Memorandum of Agreement with Dalton Patrol Officers’ Union
• CBRSD is seeking candidates for School Committee from the Town of Dalton. Any Dalton resident and registered voter may apply for the appointment to fill this term, which expires in November of 2018. Those interested should send a letter of application and proof of voter registration to be filed with the District Secretary, Laurie Casna, CSBRD, and P. O. Box 299, Dalton, MA 01227 or may deliver that letter and proof of voter registration to the school department’s office at 254 Hinsdale Road.
• From the Tax Collector’s Office:
Town of Dalton Third quarter Real Estate, Fire District and Personal Property Tax bills are due February 1, 2016. The top voucher of the bill should accompany the Third quarter payment. The bottom voucher is for the Fourth quarter payment, due May 2, 2016. Retain the bottom voucher for the May payment; you will not receive another in the mail. The middle voucher is to be used as a receipt and kept for your records, and contains valuable information regarding abatements and exemptions.
Payments can be made at the Collector’s Office M-T-W 8am-5pm and Thurs. 8am-6pm. Mail payments to the Town of Dalton, 462 Main St., Dalton, MA 01226, or leave in the drop box at the entrance to the Town Hall.
Questions regarding property valuations or assessments, or abatements and exemptions should be directed to the Board of Assessors’ office: 684-6111 x10. Questions regarding payments should be directed to Collector’s office: 684-6111 x 24 or 25.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of theWinter Parking Ban that goes into effect on November 15, 2015 and until April 15, 2016
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The PublicElectric VehicleCharging Station,at the Senior Center, is temporarily out of service.
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.)
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.; or by appointment, in the Select Board Office, at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
16. Executive Session:
• To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body). To comply with, or act under the authority of any general law: Chapter 214 section 1B Right of Privacy and not return to open session.
• Minutes of Executive Sessions for December 14th and 28th, 2016