Selectmen’s Meeting March 9, 2020
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:05 p.m. Presentation of war medal to surviving spouse (Cynthia Leveille) of Korean War Veteran Francis Leveille by Eastern Essex Veterans’ District Director Karen Tyler.
6:15 p.m. Retail Marijuana Host Community Agreement Advisory Committee Update, Antonella Muniz.
7:30 p.m. Finance Committee
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period February 22, 2020 through March 6, 2020, regarding the following:
• Route 133 Bridge Replacement Utility Coordination Meeting Summary
• Public Safety Facility Project Update
• Change Order: Relocation of HVAC Condensers to Public Safety Bldg. Roof
• Change Order: Time Extension for Public Safety Building Project
• Change Order: Additional Bedrock Removal Work at Public Safety Site
• Change Order: Miscellaneous Public Safety Facility Construction Changes
• Continued Review of Draft Annual Town Meeting Warrant
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 02/27/2020 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 02/12/2020 $ 266.00 Fire
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 3/5/2020 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 02/19/2020 $ 155.00 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 01/24/2020 $ 494.95 Snow Removal
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 01/24/2020 $ 131.00 Snow Removal
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s February 24, 2020, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
Vote to acknowledge the disclosure of an appearance of conflict of interest, Virginia Antell.
Vote to approve the request to appoint Michael Antell to the Finance Committee for a partial 3-year term, ending 6/30/2022.
Vote to approve a request to appoint Lisa O’Donnell to the post of Essex Representative to 1623 Studios for a term of 2 years, ending 6/30/22.
Vote to acknowledge and accept the resignation of Richard Ross from the Community Preservation Committee.
Vote to approve the proposed FY21 Enterprise Fund Budgets.
Consider a request for use of Centennial Grove to possibly film a movie.
Consider joining the Gloucester District Veterans’ Services Office, thereby leaving the Eastern Essex Veterans’ Services District, contingent on service of proper notice to the Eastern Essex Veterans’ District and review of the proposed new agreement by Town Counsel.
Discuss First Jobs Program Grant for the Senior Center.
Consider increasing various entertainment license fees.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
One-Day Wine and Malt License: Ratify the Board’s approval on March 2, 2020, of a One-Day Wine and Malt License to the Essex Historical Society & Shipbuilding Museum, for use on Saturday, March 7, 2020, between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., within the confines of the Waterline Center at 66 Main Street.
Commercial Shellfish Permit from April 1 through June 30, 2020:
• Robert Amero
• Consider a request to prorate the fee for this permit.
Commercial Shellfish Permit:
• Nicholas Amero
• Clifford Baker
• Kenneth Baker
• Julian Balili
• Yllka Balili
• David Earl
• Robert Fitzgerald
• Scott Hamlen
• Michael W. Jacobs, Jr.
• Merqes Kuca
• Vogelushe Kuca
• Wayne Leveille
• Ian Lewiecki
• Ian MacDougall
• Steven MacDougall
• Peter Marshall
• Bruce Mello
• Glenn Pike
• Scott Reed
• Joseph Rizzo
• Erjol Shtraza
• Paul Tofuri
• Arthur Weaver
• Kyle Woodman
• Anida Xhalia
• Eugen Xhalia
Non-Resident Shellfish Permit (Annual):
• Cliff Bathalon, Hudson, NH, sponsored by Anthony Rainone
• Michael Dolliver, S. Hamilton, sponsored by Mark Lane
• Paul Dredge, Arlington, sponsored by Barry Richards
• Christian P. Frey, Danville, NH, sponsored by Anthony Rainone
• Ed Kawczynski, Salem, sponsored by Richard Pierro
• Wayne Kinney, Kingston, NH, sponsored by Anthony Rainone
• Scott McKenna, Ipswich, sponsored by Thomas Prentiss
• Thomas Morse, Marblehead, sponsored by Leo Provost
• Robert Normand, Beverly, sponsored by Leo Provost
• Kerilee Pelletrino, Beverly, sponsored by James Ansara
• Shelly Peper, Gloucester, sponsored by James Ansara
• Mary Picariello, Boxford, sponsored by Scott DeWitt
• Philip Picariello, Boxford, sponsored by Scott DeWitt
• Daniel Provost, S. Hampton, NH, sponsored by Leo Provost
• Jennifer Servizio, Beverly, sponsored by Winnie Rennie
• John Standley, Brentwood, NH, sponsored by Leo Provost
• Chet Sullivan, Methuen, sponsored by Scott DeWitt
Senior Shellfish Permit:
• Richard Buczko
• Peter Ferriero
• Michael Ginn
• Dale Lowry
• Richard Pascucci
• William Pascucci
• Leonard Woodman
Student Shellfish Permit:
• Ariana Baker
• Alden Burnham
• Katherine Dench
• Colby Doane
• Liam Hemeon
• Amanda Loebelenz
• Ross MacDougall
• Todd Rogers
• Charles Rousmaniere
• Izabela Xhalia
The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, March 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd floor Stage Conference area of the Town Hall on Martin Street.
AGENDA – EXECUTIVE SESSION-None.