Selectmen’s Meeting November 18, 2019
Faculty Room, Essex Elementary School, Story Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:15 p.m. Board of Assessors Classification Hearing.
7:00 p.m. Finance Committee and Treasurer/Collector for discussion of Fall Town Meeting Articles and financing options for the Public Safety Building.
7:30 p.m. Adjourn to Fall Town Meeting in the gymnasium.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period November 2nd, 2019 through November 15th, 2019, regarding the following:
• Initial Meeting of the Host Community Agreement Advisory Committee
• Status of Scope of Work for Downtown Parking Striping and Signage
• Status of LED Street Light Conversion Project
• Public Safety Facility Construction Project Update
• Fall Town Meeting Motions
• Amendment of Solid Waste Contract with Covanta
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 11/14/2019 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 10/24/2019 $ 592.00 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 10/24/2019 $ 108.00 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 10/24/2019 $ 3,400.26 Snow Removal
Ramie Reader Reader Electrical 08/20/2019 $ 618.00 Snow Removal
Ramie Reader Reader Electrical 10/08/2019 $ 160.00 Wastewater
Ramie Reader Reader Electrical 10/21/2019 $ 160.00 Wastewater
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s November 4, 2019, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
Consider a request from the Essex PTO to support their Polar Plunge at Conomo Point Front Beach fundraising event in January 2020.
Discussion concerning automated collection of boat launching fees on weekdays for non-residents, and whether the existing fee should be changed.
Consider allowing a group of college students to utilize the Centennial Grove for the one-day production of a film as a senior thesis project.
Recognize the retirement of Westley Burnham from the Fire Department after 47 years of service.
Conomo Point Matters: Consider a request from Jean C. LeRoyer to change the term of her lease of 159 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 39, from one year to twenty years.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Request to Close for Cleaning & Repairs:
• Consider a request from JT Farnhams to close on December 22, 2019 through March 6, 2020 for cleaning and repairs.
Antiques License Renewal:
• Joseph Danna, Conomo Point Antiques, 166 R Eastern Avenue
• Michael March, Blackwood March Antiques, 3 Southern Avenue
• Prezona Design, Shelagh Schylling, 72 Belcher Street
• Andrew Spindler Roesle, Andrew Spindler Antiques, 163 Main Street
• A.P.H. Waller & Son, A.P.H. Waller, 140 Main Street
Class II License Renewals:
• Steven Pascucci, Cape Ann Auto Body, Inc., 19 Grove Street
• Scott Woodward, Pike Marine, Inc., 80 Main Street
• Scott Savory, Scott’s Auto Clinic, Inc., 6 Scot’s Way
All Alcoholic Beverage Package Store License Renewal:
• Bhavikaben Patel, Fenisha Corp, d/b/a Schooners Market, 121 Eastern Avenue
One-Day Entertainment License:
• The Farm Bar & Grill, Ben Wilcox, for use on Sunday, December 22, 2019, between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 p.m., within the confines of the restaurant at 233 Western Avenue.
• The Economic Development Committee will host its Business Breakfast Roundtable at 8:00 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium of the Town Hall at 30 Martin Street on November 20, 2019.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, December 2, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd floor Stage Conference area of the Town Hall on Martin Street.
• Mass Bays Barrier Mitigation Workshop will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, in the Town Hall Auditorium, starting at 10:00 a.m.
• The North East Coastal Coalition will meet in the Town Hall Auditorium on Friday, November 22, 2019, starting at 10:00 a.m.
Discussion of pending litigation concerning the City of Gloucester vs. the Town of Essex, Superior Court C.A. No. 17-310C.