SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, April 24, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: April10, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Discussion of Tax Payments at Senior Center and On-line payments.
7. Mass DOT Speed Limit Dalton Division Road
8. CODE RED Announcements
9. Renewal Of IMA with Adams
10. Mass DOT - Chapter 90 Contract
11. ZBA Petition #551
12. Appointment to Dalton Redevelopment Authority
13. Final Draft of ATM Motions
14. CBRSD WHRS Building Project
15. Old Dalton High Advisory Committee Update
16. Remarks of Select Board Members
17. Items for Future Agendas
• Collector’s Office:
o Reminder that the next Real Estate, Fire District, Personal Property, and Personal Fire District Taxes are due on May 1st.
o Motor Vehicle bills are issued according to the Registry of Motor Vehicles’ schedule. Several batches are billed out during the year, reflecting information given at the time of each vehicle registration.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from 4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Building Inspector's Office Hours - Mondays: 10:30 – 2:30 and Thursdays: 11:30 – 3:30. It is suggested that you call 684-6109 x 27 to schedule an appointment. The building official will also schedule an office appointment at a different day and time , if requested.
19. Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session:
20. Minutes: April 1, 2017