REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, August 20, 2018
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Certificate of Appreciation
7. Communication from Selectman Boyle – RE: dedication of Old Windsor Rd. Bridge
• Two permanent intermittent Officers
9. Communication from Berkshire Regional Planning Commission - MPO Caucus
10. Grant Acceptances
• Green Communities Competitive Grant Program (Streetlights)
• AARP Massachusetts/BRPC Grant for Senior Exercise Trail
11. Final Approval of LED Streetlighting Plan
12. Approval of OPEB Declaration of Trust
13. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
14. Town Manager Updates
• Old Dalton High Demolition
• North Mt. Park- Report
• Old Windsor Road Final Paving
15. Term Limits for Select Board Members
16. Items for Future Agendas
17. Remarks of Select Board
• Town Clerk's Office would like to notify its residence that absentee ballots are here. If you expect to be away for the upcoming State Primary on Tuesday, September 4, 2018, please get your application in for an absentee ballot. Applications can be found on the Massachusetts Attorney General's website at www.mass.gov/ago. They can also be obtained in the Town Clerk's office. For more information , please call the Town Clerk's office at 413-684-6111 Ext. 14 or 15, or stop in the Town Clerk's office at 462 Main Street, Monday through Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Fitch-Hoose House is now open from June - October from 12pm -4pm
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• The Veterans’ Agent office hours are Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Town Hall and 11:40 AM to 1:30 PM at the Senior Center. Services for Dalton Veterans are now available Monday through Friday through the North Adams Veterans Services Department: call 413-662-3040.
• Public Power is the Town’s supplier for the Municipal Electrical Aggregation Program. You will see that name as the supplier of electricity on your Eversource bill, unless you have another supplier. To opt in or out of the program go on-line to: https://colonialpowergroup.com/dalton/ or call Public Power at 1-800-830-2944.
• The Conservation Commission is looking for new members. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• The Dalton Beautification Commission is seeking Volunteers to assist in maintaining the commission's established garden spaces in the community. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Building Inspector office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.to 12:30
19. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation; to consider the purchase and value of real property (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), and not return to open session:
20. Executive Session Minutes: June 18, 2018,