SPECIAL SELECT BOARD MEETING
Crane Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, June 18, 2018
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: May 14, and June 11, 2018
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. 5K Road Race Home Base Program - August 26, 2018
7. Review of LED Streetlighting Plan by Tanko Lighting
8. Tax Work Off Program
9. Annual Inter-municipal Agreement with BRTA
10. Transfer of Franchise Fee to DCCA
11. Approval of Contract with Unibank for On-line Line Tax Credit Card Payments
12. Department of Telecommunication and Cable Meeting
13. Approve Net Metering Contract with Rockwood AG-GRID LLC
14. Report of the Traffic Commission
• Dalton Cultural Council
• Discussion of BRTA Representative
16. Resolutions Accepting Gifts & Grants
• Donation to Dalton Beautification Commission
• MVP Planning Grant
17. Late Submission Voc Ed (just moved from Lanesboro already accepted)
18. Health Insurance
19. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
20. Inter-departmental Transfers of Appropriations
21. Town Manager Updates
• 6/25 STM Warrant Articles Draft Motions
• Planning Board Public Hearing on Marijuana bylaw
22. Items for Future Agendas
23. Remarks of Select Board
24. Set Summer Schedule: July & August.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• The Veterans’ Agent office hours are Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Town Hall and 11:40 AM to 1:30 PM at the Senior Center. Services for Dalton Veterans are now available Monday through Friday through the North Adams Veterans Services Department: call 413-662-3040.
• Public Power is the Town’s supplier for the Municipal Electrical Aggregation Program. You will see that name as the supplier of electricity on your Eversource bill, unless you have another supplier. To opt in or out of the program go on-line to: https://colonialpowergroup.com/dalton/ or call Public Power at 1-800-830-2944.
• The Conservation Commission is looking for new members. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Building Inspector office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.to 12:30
Executive Session with Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation; to consider the purchase and value of real property (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), to consider the filing of criminal complaints, and return to open session:
• Executive Session Minutes: May 14, 2018
26. Approval of Police Chief Employment Contract