SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., October 26, 2015
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: October 13, 2015, October 20, 2015
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Council on Aging: Wine/Cheese Pairing Class - Request waiver of no-alcohol policy.
7. Assessor’s Briefing on Tax Classification (Hearing Scheduled 11/9/15)
8. American Legion: Approval of Change of Management
9. Grant Acceptances:
a. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts; FY2016 State 911 Department Support and Incentive Grant Program
b. Massachusetts Cultural Council - FY 2016 Dalton Cultural Council Grant
10. Parking update for DYC and Town Hall Employees
Page 2 10-26-2015 Agenda
11. Pipeline Working Group Update
12. Town Manager Updates
13. Items for Future Agenda
• Special Town Meeting Wednesday November 4that 7:00 PM at Nessacus Regional Middle School to consider the purchase of “The Pines” from Crane & Co.
• The CRA’s Halloween Parade and Costume Contest will be on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 starting at 6:00 p.m. and finishing around 6:30 p.m.
• Trick or Treat is non-sanctioned by the Town of Dalton. Neighborhood Trick or Treat is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on October 31st.
• Annual Light Up the Holidays parade is scheduled for Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.)
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
15. Executive Session:
To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session.
Minutes of Executive Session for September 28, 2015, October 20, 2015