Town Building Committee
Board of Selectmen
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium
30 Martin Street
• Questions from the public.
• Approve minutes from July 24, 2019.
• General design update from Johnson Roberts Associates (JRA).
• Review permitting status with respect to Essex Conservation Commission,
including discussion concerning the Commission's preferred storm water
management system design.
• Review Planning Board Site Plan Review approval, including discussion of
preferred exterior lighting color temperature.
• Discuss how our cost estimators are able to consider the project from the eyes of a contractor.
• Address updated design comments submitted by resident Edward Neal (following up on his May, 2019 comments), both at the last meeting and subsequently.
• Discuss Selectmen’s decision with respect to pre-construction removal of
plants by residents.
• Discuss continued, pre-construction use and management of property at 11
John Wise Avenue, including the results of the pre-demolition asbestos
• Review of Mass DOT present position with respect to proposed speed limit
• Review project schedule, including status of specific permits and activities
necessary to obtain building permit, and upcoming milestones, NV5.
• Review status of contractor prequalification process.
• Review updated budget for fixtures, furnishings, and equipment.
• Review of upcoming schedule (meetings and other events), including format and materials for upcoming public forums and plans for September 23 Special Town Meeting.
• Items not contemplated by the Chairman in advance of the meeting posting
• Public comment.