Selectmen’s Meeting August 26, 2019
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:05 p.m. Mark Brewer (who has served the Town as a Part-Time Patrolman in the past) to request an appointment to again serve as a Part-Time Patrolman.
7:00 p.m. John Tremblay, BB Botanics, to discuss a proposal to locate both a recreational marijuana dispensary and a separate recreational grow facility in the Town of Essex.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period August 10th, 2019 through August 23rd, 2019, regarding the following:
• Possible Future Reallocation of MBTA Assessment to CATA
• Town Building Committee Summary
• Possible Grant for Customized Accounting Software
• Possible Amendment of Solid Waste Contract with Covanta
• State Funding for a Portion of Town’s Bicentennial Celebration Cost
• Consideration of Possible Revision to Town Landing Use Regulations
• Continued Review of Draft Fall Town Meeting Article Topic List
• Finalization of Municipal Collaboration Report
• Culvert Replacement Municipal Assistance Grant Award
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 8/22/2019 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 8/22/2019 $ 1,011.19 Highway
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s August 14, 2019, Open Meeting.
Consider suggestion by resident that vacant land on Grove Street, which is eventually destined for tax title auction, be instead retained by the Town for open space preservation.
Consider which Select Board member will serve as one of the judges at the October 26, 2019 Clamfest.
Consider approving a contract amendment with Johnson Roberts Associates to perform hydrant flow testing for fire protection design considerations associated with the proposed public safety facility.
Consider allowing parking along the roads in the vicinity of Centennial Grove on Saturday, September 7, 2019 for the Family Day event that is part of the Town's Bicentennial Celebration.
Special Town Meeting:
• Vote to hold a Special Town Meeting on Monday, September 23, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. at the Essex Elementary School;
• Vote to open the warrant for the September 23, 2019, Special Town Meeting;
• Vote to add articles to the warrant for the September 23, 2019 Special Town Meeting per the draft warrant presented at this meeting, or as revised (which is attached hereto);
• Vote to close the warrant;
• Vote to approve the warrant;
• Vote to sign the warrant at or outside of a meeting (if revisions are necessary).
Conomo Point Matters:
• Status of offers to purchase the Town’s vacant lot at 0 Sumac Drive.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Commercial Shellfish Permit and Waiver of Deadline:
• Arthur Weaver
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, September 9, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Essex Town Hall.
• There will be a joint meeting of the Town Building Committee and the Board of Selectmen on Wednesday, September 11, 2019, in the Town Hall Auditorium, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• There will be a Public Forum concerning the proposed public safety building on Thursday, September 12, 2019, in the Town Hall Auditorium, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• There will be a Public Forum concerning the proposed public safety building on Tuesday, September 17, 2019, in the Town Hall Auditorium, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• There will be a Special Town Meeting held in the gymnasium at the Essex Elementary School on Story Street on Monday, September 23, 2019, starting at 7:30 p.m.
• The Fall Town Meeting will be held in the gymnasium at the Essex Elementary School on Story Street on Monday, November 18, 2019, starting at 7:30 p.m.
• Discussion of pending litigation concerning the City of Gloucester vs. the Town of Essex, Superior Court C.A. No. 17-310C.