SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., January 25, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes:, January 11, 2015
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meetingagenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Approval of Lion’s Club Circus 2016
• Grant-Dalton COA from Berkshire Taconic for marketing materials
• Grant-Dalton COA from MA Association of Council on Aging
• Donation-Dalton Police Department for furniture from the Berkshire County District Attorney’s’ Northern Berkshire Office.
8. Report on the MMA conference/meeting – Mary Cherry, Vice-Chair.
9. Bus Shelter for Stop at Curtis and Main St.
10. Consideration of Sending a letter to Representative Mark and Senator Downingin support of H.2870 and H. 2871
11. Pipeline Working Group Update
12. Old Dalton High Disposition
13. Budget Update and Budgets
114-Moderator, 123-Town Manager, 131-Finance Committee, 132-Reserve Fund, 138-Goup Purchasing, 139-Audit, 146-Collector (158-Postage), 175-Planning/Zoning, 295-Emergency Mgmt., 911-Retirement
14. Memorandum of Agreement with the Dalton Dispatchers Association
15. Future Agenda Items
• Michael P. Hagmaier of 190 Raymond Drive has been appointed by the CBRSDSchool Committeeas a school committee memberfrom the Town of Dalton to fill a vacancy for a term which expires in November of 2018.
• From the Tax Collector’s Office:
Town of Dalton Third quarter Real Estate, Fire District and Personal Property Tax bills are due February 1, 2016. The top voucher of the bill should accompany the Third quarter payment. The bottom voucher is for the Fourth quarter payment, due May 2, 2016. Retain the bottom voucher for the May payment; you will not receive another in the mail. The middle voucher is to be used as a receipt and kept for your records, and contains valuable information regarding abatements and exemptions.
Payments can be made at the Collector’s Office M-T-W 8am-5pm and Thurs. 8am-6pm. Mail payments to the Town of Dalton, 462 Main St., Dalton, MA 01226, or leave in the drop box at the entrance to the Town Hall.
Questions regarding property valuations or assessments, or abatements and exemptions should be directed to the Board of Assessors’ office: 684-6111 x10. Questions regarding payments should be directed to Collector’s office: 684-6111 x 24 or 25.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of theWinter Parking Ban that goes into effect on November 15, 2015 and until April 15, 2016
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The PublicElectric VehicleCharging Station locatedat the Senior Center, is in service and may be used free of charge for a short period of time
• The Council on Aging is hosting a Senior Center Fifth Anniversary Open House on Friday February 12th from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM. All are welcome.
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.)
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.; or by appointment, in the Select Board Office, at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
17. Executive Session:
• To comply with, or act under the authority of any general law: Chapter 214 section 1B Right of Privacy and not return to open session.
• Minutes of Executive Sessions for December 14th