REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, September 23, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: September 9, 2019
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
7. Report of the Traffic Commission
8. Request by Mr. Glenn Garvey to Discuss Issues at Victoria Villa
9. Communication from the Town Clerk
• Request to Change Location for all Elections
10. Dalton Beautification Commission request for additional members
11. APR (former Bardin Farm) Property Disposition
12. Town Manager Updates
• MVP Community Designation
• Junk Car Report
• Other Items
13. Set meetings for Oct., Nov., Dec.
14. Resolution Accepting a Gift of Funds
15. Remarks of Select Board
16. Items for Future Agendas
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Select Board Chair Bob Bishop – holds office by appointment in Town Hall and at the Senior Center. For further information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• The Green Dalton Committee, Board of Appeals are looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
18. Executive Session – And Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body); and not return to open session:
19. Executive Session Minutes:
20. Return to Open Session – Consideration of Approval of Employment Contracts
• Dalton Highway/Cemetery Association
• Highway Superintendent