SELECT BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M February 15, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes :
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Public Hearing: Petition to install pole with guy wire 100 ft. northeasterly of the Intersection of Johnson and Old Windsor RD
7. Open as Mobile Home Rent Control Board to discuss authorizing rent increase at Victoria Villa Mobile Home Park.
8. MMA Conference
9. CBRSD WHRS Building Project
10. Town Manager’s Budget Update & Dept. Budget Reviews FY 2018
11. Remarks of Select Board Members
12. Items for Future Agendas
• Collector’s Office:
o Reminder that Real Estate, Fire District, Personal Property, and Personal Fire District Taxes are due August 1st, November 1st, February 1st , and May 1st.
o Sewer bills are due October 1st and April 1st.
o Motor Vehicle bills are issued according to the Registry of Motor Vehicles’ schedule. Several batches are billed out during the year, reflecting information given at the time of each vehicle registration.
• The 2017 Official Town Census Forms were mailed to Town residents at the end of December. If you have not received this form, please contact the Town Clerk's office at 413-684-6111 Ext. 14 or 15.
• Dog Licenses were due January 1st. Note that as of February 1, 2017, there is a $10 late fee due, in addition to the license fee. When licensing your dog, please be sure to have an up-to-date rabies vaccination for your pet.
• Winter Parking Ban – The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban from November 15, 2016 until April 15, 2017 from 1:00 AM until 6 AM or during a Winter Emergency. Officers ticket vehicles with reminder notices until November 15th. Parking tickets will be issued thereafter.
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from 4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. New office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• New Office Hours for the Building Inspector - Mondays: 10:30 – 2:30 and Thursdays: 11:30 – 3:30. It is suggested that you call 684-6109 x 27 to schedule an appointment. The building official will also schedule an office appointment at a different day and time , if requested
14. Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body); and to comply with, or act under the authority of general law Chapter 214 § 1B Right of Privacy, and not return to open session: