Selectmen’s Meeting January 9, 2017
Senior Center AGENDA
7:00 p.m. Public Comment.
7:05 p.m. Bill Nolan to discuss proposed new building at 111 Conomo Point Road.
7:15 p.m. Essex Housing Authority to discuss Gregory Cooper as a candidate for the vacancy on the EHA Board.
7:30 p.m. Chief Peter Silva performance review.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period December 17th through January 6th, 2017, regarding the following:
• Cost Estimate for Crack Repair and Surface Restoration, Library Ceiling
• Drop-down Projector Screen & Lighting Controls – New Meeting Hall
• Potential for Extra Storage Space Adjacent to New Meeting Hall
• Fire/Police Headquarters Replacement Site Engineering Options Update
• Army Corps of Engineers Dredge Spoil Re-Use Feasibility Study
• Asbestos Abatement Required at 8 Conomo Lane
• Centennial Grove Master Plan Process
• Approval of Fiscal Year 2018 Capital Budget Update/Request
• Approval of the Fiscal Year 2018 Selectmen’s Operating Budget Request
• Re-visitation of Department of Revenue Management Review Report
• Further Review of Draft List of Annual Town Meeting Topics
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 1/5/2017 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 12/29/16 $18.00 Police
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 12/29/16 $505.00 Fire
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s December 20, 2016, Open Meeting.
Discussion regarding non-renewal of an antiques license for The Essex Exchange at 101 John Wise Avenue.
Discussion Vote to accept a gift to the Police Department in the amount of $300.00.
Approve the receipt of a $2,000 grant to the Police Department to combat opioid matters.
Consider a request from Periwinkles Restaurant to close from January 15 through March 16, 2017 for maintenance and cleaning.
Consider appointing additional members to fill vacancies on the Finance Committee.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Licensing Board: Sign an All Alcohol Package Store License for Schooner’s Market (transfer from Essex Wine & Spirits recently approved by ABCC).
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, January 23rd, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in the Senior Center, 17 Pickering Street.