Selectmen’s Meeting January 7, 2019
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:30 p.m. Dynamic Auto Brokers’ Class II Automobile Dealer’s License Hearing, continued.
7:30 p.m. Discussion of calendar year 2019 goals with Town Administrator, Town Accountant, Treasurer/Collector, and incoming Chief of Police.
8:00 p.m. Meet jointly with Manchester Board of Selectmen to discuss finalization of scope for the Efficiency & Regionalization Community Compact Grant and discuss preferences for Memorial School construction project financing.
8:30 p.m. Executive Session to discuss employment contract negotiations (separately) with Town Administrator, Town Accountant, Treasurer/Collector, and incoming Chief of Police.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period December 15th, 2018 through January 5th, 2019, regarding the following:
• Economic Development Committee Meeting Summary
• Public Safety Building Site Selection and Design Update
• Finalization of FY20 Capital and Operating Budget Requests
• Finalization of Financing Plan for Memorial School Project
• Further Discussion Relative to 2019 Annual Town Meeting Topics
• Apple Street Traffic Study Technical Assistance
• Future Use of Apple Street as a Strategy for Coastal Resilience
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 12/20/2018 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Perkins Marine Scott DeWitt 12/03/2018 $ 1,049.39
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s December 17, 2018, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
Vote to approve and sign the 2018 Year End Campaign Finance Report.
Discuss plan for transition from outgoing Chief of Police to incoming Chief of Police.
Consider a request from the Police Department to accept a donation in the amount of $200 to be deposited to the Police Gift Account from the Police Car Show.
Consider a request from the Police Department to accept a donation in the amount of $300 from Ed and Pat Marchetti to be deposited to the Police Gift Account.
Review a letter of resignation from Youth Commission member Penny Hasseli.
Review a recommendation to appoint Cheryl Mulvey to fill the vacancy on the Youth Commission for a partial term, ending 6/30/2020. Sign the appointment card.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Sign a tight tank lease addendum for 11 Beach Circle, Map 108, Lot 79, Philipp Menges.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Antiques License Renewals:
• A.P.H. Waller; A.P.H. Waller & Son; 140 Main Street
Class II License Renewal (Signature needed, approved on 12/10/2018, lost in the mail):
• John Heath; Essex Falls Auto Body; 63 Wood Drive
Commercial Shellfish Permit Application:
• Nicholas Amero
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, January 28, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Stage Conference Area on the 2nd floor of the Town Hall.
• Discuss strategy with respect to Collective Bargaining concerning the proposed FY 20 renewal of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) collective bargaining agreement.
• Discuss strategy with respect to Collective Bargaining concerning the proposed FY 20 renewal of the Essex Police Benevolent Association (EPBA) collective bargaining agreement.
• Discuss the purchase, lease, or value of real property with respect to parcels at 42 Western Avenue, map 129, lot 1; 7 Lane’s Road, map 120, lot 9; 0 Western Avenue, map 129, lot 4; 21 Western Avenue, map 129, lot 50; 60 John Wise Avenue, map 113, lot 1; 50 John Wise Avenue, map 120, lot 6; and, 63 Western Avenue, map 134, lot 58.
• Discussion of pending litigation concerning the case of the City of Gloucester vs. the Town of Essex, Superior Court C.A. No. 17-310C.
• Contract negotiations with the Police Chief, the Town Administrator, the Treasurer/Collector, and the Town Accountant.