Public Safety Facility Public Forum
Town Building Committee
Board of Selectmen
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium
30 Martin Street
• Review of project history and development & departmental needs – Lisa O’Donnell, Chairman.
• Review of new state requirements for workplace standards and safety - Erin Kirchner, Essex OSHA Coordinator.
• Overview of project schedule – Tim Dorman, Project Manager, NV5.
• Review of project design – Stewart Roberts/Phil O’Brien, Architects, Johnson Roberts Associates.
• Presentation of project costs (NV5 and JRA):
o Results of two, professional cost estimates, as compared to each other.
o Total project cost, broken down into major components.
o Overall price per square foot, as compared with similar projects.
• Presentation on project funding – Town Administrator and other Town officials:
o Funding mechanisms - cash and borrowing, borrowing options.
o Tax implications of the project.
• Question and answer period.
• Public comment and interactive discussion.