Selectmen’s Meeting March 28, 2016
7:00 p.m. Public Comment.
7:05 p.m. Public Hearing to consider revising the probationary period for certain job titles in the Town of Essex Personnel Rules and Regulations.
7:15 p.m. CANCELLED: Steven Sloane, Cambridge Consulting, regarding a 34-acre Conservation Restriction request for the Febiger property.
7:30 p.m. Senator Tarr to present a Citation to the Town of Essex recognizing the Town’s recent achievement of the “Green Community” designation.
7:45 p.m. Brendhan Zubricki - Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period March 5th through March 25th, 2016, regarding the following:
• Strategic Planning Committee Meeting
• Site Visit and Meeting with Conomo Point Public Waterfront Access Designer
• Recommendation of Fiscal Year 2017 Wage & Salary Scale
• Future Options for Management of Centennial Grove
• Town Hall/Library Project, Third Floor Stairway Change Order
• Town Hall/Library Project, Incorporation of Safe Doors Change Order
• Equipment Contract, Demolition of Structure at 153 Conomo Pt. Rd.
• Contract for Determination of Affixation for Structures on Robbins Island
• Design Contract for Structural Shoring of Folsom Pavilion
• Development of Master Plan for Memorial Park
• FY 2017 Operating Budget, Recommendation of Enterprise Fund Budgets
• DEP Quarterly Report
• Approval of Annual Town Meeting and Election Warrant
• Beneficial Use Study Regarding Thin Layer Deposition
• Massachusetts Downtown Initiative Grant, Parking Management Plan
• Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) Land Designation
8:00 p.m. Poultry Processing Facility Public Hearing, 94 John Wise Avenue.
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $393,025.64.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the March 10, 2016 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section:
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 884.93 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 559.40 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 40.00 Council on Aging
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the March 17, 2016 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 326.34 Highway
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 1,500.00 Snow Removal
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/16 86.50 Wastewater
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 3/03/16 18.00 Police
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 3/03/16 293.00 Fire
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s March 7, 2016, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
Vote to sign an amended Form 43 for a transfer of license and no pledge of license for the property at 234 John Wise Avenue.
Review and sign the renewal proposal for MIIA Health Insurance for FY2017, projected to increase at 4.5%.
Vote to accept the resignation of Robert Cameron from the Council on Aging and also as the representative to the Cape Ann Transportation Authority.
Approve a request to pass over Essex roads during the North Shore Tour de Cure ride sponsored by the New England American Diabetes Association on Sunday, May 22, 2016.
Approve a request from Chief Silva to transfer $500 from the Police Gift Account to the War Memorial Restoration Account from proceeds raised at the 2014 Essex Police Department Classic Car Show.
Sign New Client Data Access Agreement with Tyler Technologies (the Town’s Accounting Software Vendor)
Approve merit compensation for Town Administrator.
Annual Town Meeting:
• Discussion and vote to include all articles as they appear on the draft of the Warrant, dated March 28, 2016, which draft is attached hereto, or as any article may be revised at the meeting, including , but not limited to:
Status of Memorial Park Survey and Master Plan, and possible revisions to warrant to address same.
• Vote to close the Warrant.
• Vote to sign the Warrant.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Consider a request from Thayer Adams to sublet the premises at 130 Conomo Point Road for the summer of 2016 season.
• Consider a request by tenant Joseph Romano to reconstruct a building on leased property at 29 Robbins Island Road (Map 19, Lot 77/New Map 108, Lot 17), if application presented by meeting time.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• Holden Essex LLC, 2 Scot’s Way
• Kobby River Ventures Inc., d/b/a Perkins Marine, Inc., 82 Main Street
• Energy North, Inc., d/b/a Energy Liquors, 156 Main Street
• Curlew Cove Realty Trust, Judson A. Lane, 53-59 and Rear John Wise Avenue
• Kenneth Amero
• Robert Amero
• Zack Appeltofft
• Richard Buczko
• Robert Fitzgerald
• Robert Fitzgerald, Jr.
• Michael Ginn
• Scott G. Hamlen
• Russell Hemeon
• Mark Jordan
• Wayne Leveille
• Josephine MacDougall
• Phillip MacDougall
• Steven MacDougall
• Peter C. Marshall
• Bruce Mello
• Fatmir Nanaj
• Robert W. Perrigo
• Glenn Pike
• Scott Reed
• Paul M. Tofuri
• Mark Whitman
• Eugen Xhalia
Commercial and Waiver of Application Deadline:
• James Fitzgerald
• Barry Mears
• Paul Dredge, Arlington, sponsored by Barry Richards
• Tom Dukas, Reading, sponsored by Kristina Huber
• Timothy Lehr, Lynn, sponsored by Jean Appeltofft
• Donald L.H. Oakes, Kennebunk, sponsored by Jean Appeltofft
• William Pascucci, W. Palm Beach, sponsored by Richard Means
Non-Resident Recreational and Waiver of Application Deadline:
• Henry Oettinger, Manchester, sponsored by William Barker
• Robert V. Brophy
• James H. Genest
• Craig Carter
• Matthew Corwin
• Eric Fossa
• Matthew G. Lane
• Tomaz Tofuri
Student and Waiver of Application Deadline:
• John Walder
Executive Session Expected:
Discussion of pending litigation concerning the case of the City of Beverly vs. the Essex County Sheriff, et al., Essex Superior Court C.A. No. ESCV2015-00350A.
Discussion of pending litigation concerning the case of the Town of Essex v. William Allen, Essex Superior Court C.A. Nos. ESCV2002-00352, ESCV2006-00313, and ESCV2007-02096.
Discussion regarding the lease, sale, and value of real property at Conomo Point.
Discussion with respect to successor collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME and/or EPBA.
Discuss preparations for contract negotiations with non-union personnel.
Discussion regarding anticipated litigation.
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, April 11th, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Senior Center on Pickering Street.