REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
6:00 P.M, May 24, 2021
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via zoom.
Town of Dalton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: SELECT BOARD
Time: May 24, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 874 2377 8502
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,87423778502#,,,,*434410# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 874 2377 8502
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcCqs60H5W
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: April 24, 2021
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
Use the Zoom link or dial 684-6111 X28
Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
The Chair or their designee may answer questions on procedural matters.*Please be cordial and respectful of others.
If anyone wishes to be recognized when the Board discusses an agenda item, please make the request at this time. The Board Chair may grant this request. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Joint Meeting with Finance Committee-
• Discussion on the Warrant for June 28th for Special Town Meeting
• Fy22 Departmental Transfers
7:00 P. M.
7. Reorganization of the Select Board and Summer Schedule
8. Update from Police Department- latest news and census information collected
9. Recognition of Dan Filiault by the Police Department
• DDIC – Anthony Mazzeo
• DDIC – Michael Ferry
• Central Berkshire Regional Emergency Planning Commission – D Filiault (5yr term)
11. New Hire for full-time Highway Laborer/Transfer Station Attendant
• COA Van Driver – Reserve Van Driver
12. Health Agent Update
• Expansion of Outdoor Liquor, Dining and Events
13. Special Town Meeting Warrant
14. Update on Citizen Energy Solar Farm
15. One Stop Community Grant for redeveloping the Stationery Factory
16. Vote to proceed with the disposal of View Street Property
17. Options for Juneteenth Holiday
18. Vacation Payout and Carry-overs
• Town Collector and Highway Superintendent One additional week (beyond two) carried over
• Treasurer- One week’s additional payout and two weeks’ and six hours additional carryover
• Assistant Treasurer – 10 hours additional carryover
19. Acceptance of 1QTR Franchise Fee for Dalton Community Cable
20. Town Insurance and Policy Limits
21. FY21 Bonus for interim Manager for extraordinary services
22. Open as Sewer Commission
• Abatement of bills for 460 Housatonic St. Resident
Close as Sewer Commission
23. Town Manager Update
24. Future Agenda items
25. Items not anticipated 48 hours before the Meeting
26. Remarks of Select Board
The Town Hall is open effective Monday, 5/24; the Town of Dalton Senior Center will re-open the Town Hall, to the public. Please see Town of Dalton Website for Departmental Information.
The Memorial Day Parade has canceled the Parade but the Dalton American Legion is planning a gravesite Memorial at the Main Street Cemetery
Open Meeting Law Ruling
The Division of Open Government (DOG) recently issued a determination that it is a violation of the Open Meeting Law (OML) for the chair of a public body to fail at the start of a meeting to identify by name the members of a board who are
attending remotely (see the decision at OML 2020-138.)
The OML regulations state “[a]t the start of the meeting, the chair shall announce the name of any member who will be participating remotely. This information shall also be recorded in the meeting minutes.” 940 CMR 29.10(7) (b). Failure to announce the name of any member participating remotely is a violation of the law.
NEW HOURS FOR COMPOST AND BRUSH AREA
Tuesday/Wednesday – 2:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Friday/Saturday – 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
MESSAGES FROM THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Police Department is now open to the Public
The Dalton police Department lobby is now open to the public. Please feel free to stop in and see an Officer. Social Distancing and mask are required and only two (2) people allowed in the lobby at a time.
Processing of Firearm Permit
Firearm permits are processed between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. by appointment only. Please call 413-684-0300 to schedule your appointment. No walk-ins are being accepted at this time. A check or money order for $100.00 made payable to the Town of Dalton. Renewals over the age of 70 are free.
The Dalton Library is now open 12:00 P.M. -5:00 P.M. on Monday,
Thursday and Friday; 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, and 12:00 P.M. 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday. Anyone in a high-risk population may schedule a time in the AM to come in by themselves with no question asked. Lobby pick-up continues for anyone who would rather not enter the building. Call 684-6112 for more information.