SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, October 23, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: September 25, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Eversource: Public Hearing on a Petition for location of poles - First & View Sts.
• Presentation by the Petitioner
• Public Comments in Favor of the Petition
• Public Comments in Opposition to the Petition
• Select Board Deliberation
• Town Collector
• Commissioners of Trust Funds
8. Light Up the Holidays Parade - Approval
9. Consideration of Renewal of Agreement with Hampshire Power
10. Discussion – Net Metering Credit Purchase
11. Report of Traffic Commission
• Appalachian Trail Signs
• BRTA Appointee
12. Acceptance of Gifts & Grants
• COA – Berkshire Life Foundation
• Parks - CRA
13. WHRS Building Project Update
14. Town Manager Updates
• Old Dalton High
• Green Communities
• Other Projects
15. Remarks of Select Board Members
16. Items for Future Agendas
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours on Thursday from 4:30 to 6:00 PM, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Building Inspector new office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.to 12:30