electmen’s Meeting September 25, 2017
Town Hall Stage Conference Area
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:15 p.m. Bedri Balili and others to discuss application for a Senior Shellfish permit.
7:00 p.m. Fin Com Chair Michelle Dyer and Fin Com member Ben Buttrick to discuss proposed articles for the Fall Town Meeting.
8:00 p.m. Board of Public Works to discuss status of Public Safety Building renderings process and possible commencement of study for future water main replacement work.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period September 8th through September 22nd, 2017, regarding the following:
• Future Development Plan for Site of Former Fortune Palace Restaurant
• National Grid Program to Convert Streetlights to LED
• Placement of Concrete Pads, Benches, and Swift Boxes at Conomo Point
• Great Marsh ACEC Regional Resource Management Plan Summit
• Zoning Prohibition Relative to Junk Yards
• Recommendations for Management of Town Conservation Land
• Recommendations for Revisions to Town Harbor Regulations
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to ratify the exemption from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 9/14/17 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
David Pereen Pereen Plumbing 08/26/17 $1,108.00 Water Dept
Ernie Nieberle Nieberles 08/24/17 $ 385.21 Highway Dept.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 9/21/17 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
David Pereen Pereen Plumbing 08/26/17 $1,448.05 Fire Dept
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s September 11th, 2017, Open Meeting.
Consider a request from the Police Department to accept the proceeds in the amount of $1831.00 from their car show to be deposited in the Police Gift Account.
Consider a request from the Police Department to accept a donation in the amount of $500 from the Police Benevolent Association to be deposited in the Police Gift Account.
Discuss the date of the 2018 Fall Town Meeting in relation to Veteran’s Day.
Approve submittal of a regional Letter of Intent to seek grant funding from the Tower Foundation to continue the work of the North Shore Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition (of which Essex is a member).
Conomo Point Matters:
• Vote to ratify approval of a building permit application to replace an existing porch at 31 Middle Road.
• Discuss plan for seasonal removal and storage of Conomo Point park ramp, float, and stairs.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Executive Session Expected: None.
Alcohol License Regulations: Finalization of progressive discipline policy regarding regulation violations.
One-Day Wine and Malt License ratification:
• Chebacco Liquor Mart, Paul Chisholm, for use on Saturday, September 23, 2017, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., within the confines of the Waterline Center at 66 Main Street.
One-Day Wine and Malt License:
• Chebacco Liquor Mart, Paul Chisholm, for use on Sunday, October 15, 2017, between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., within the confines of the Waterline Center at 66 Main Street.
• Chebacco Liquor Mart, Paul Chisholm, for use on Saturday, November 4, 2017, between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., within the confines of the Waterline Center at 66 Main Street.
Commercial Shellfish Permit and Waiver of Application Deadline:
• Anida Xhalia
Senior Shellfish Permit:
• Bedri Balili
REMINDER: The Town Hall will be closed on Monday, October 9, 2017, in observance of the national holiday.
REMINDER: The Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce Focus on Education Roundtable will be held on Friday, October 13, 2017, starting at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 9:30 a.m. at Gorton’s in Gloucester.
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, October 16, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Stage Conference Area on Martin Street.
REMINDER: Cape Ann Chamber’s Government Affairs Council is sponsoring the Fall 2017 Cape Ann Caucus, and will be held on Friday, October 27, from 7:30 to 9:15 AM, at the Essex Town Hall, 30 Martin Street, Essex.