REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, January 28, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: January 14, 2018
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
1. To reconsider and rescind January 14, 2019's previous vote on voting equipment
2. Discontinuance/decommission Accuvote Tabulators as of July 1, 2019
3. To Purchase new ImageCast Electronic Vote Tabulators to be used at the next election
7. Senior Center as a new Voting Location
8. Open as Licensing Board – Berkshire Organics Update
Close as Licensing Board
9. Petition # 393 - 290 Hubbard Ave. - Renewal of a Special Permit
10. Bardin Property - Phase II
11. Junk Car Update
12. Spectrum Cable License/Contract Update
13. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
14. FY 2020 Dept. Budget Reviews
15. Town Manager Updates
16. Items for Future Agendas
17. Remarks of Select Board
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which went into effect on November 15, 2018 and will be in effect until April 15, 2019.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours by appointment. And beginning on January 24th (rescheduled for February 7, 2019) at the Senior Center every 4th Thursday from 4:30 PM until 6:00 PM. For further information, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Green Dalton Committee is looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
19. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union & non-union personnel, (Highway Assoc., Patrol Officers, Highway Supt., Police Sgt.) and litigation; (Carbon Filtration Systems, Inc. v. Town of Dalton, U.S. District Court No. 18-CV-30131); To consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate, (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), and not return to open session:
20. Executive Session Minutes: January 14, 2019