REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, June 17, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: June 10, 2019
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Town Debt
• New five-year Note Issue
• Consideration of early debt retirement
7. Municipal Vulnerability Plan
• Presentation and Listening Session
8. LED Streetlight Conversion Project Report
9. Planning Board Petition # 441 – 190 Hubbard Ave
• BRPC Alternate
• Finance Committee
• Annual Appointments
11. Report of the Traffic Commission
12. Inter-municipal Agreement with BRTA
13. 6/24/19 STM Motions & Appropriations
14. Departmental Transfers of Appropriations
15. Vacation Carry-over Request
16. Town Manager Updates
17. Remarks of Select Board
18. Items for Future Agendas
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Select Board Chair Bob Bishop – holds office hours weekly on Thursday at the Town Hall from 2:30 to 4:00 PM, also by appointment and at the Senior Center every first Thursday of the month from 2:30 to 4:00 PM. To reserve time at the Dalton Senior Center, please call 413-684-2000. For further information, or to schedule other appointments, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• The Green Dalton Committee and Conservation Commission are looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
• The Select Board will hold its July 8th meeting at the Senior Center at the usual time of 7:00 PM.
• A Special Town Meeting will be held on Monday June 24th at 7:00 PM at the Nessacus Regional Middle School.
• The Council on Aging will hold a grand opening of the outdoor Senior Exercise Park at the Senior Center on Saturday June 22nd, from 11:00 until 3:00. There will games, music, fun and food.
20. Executive Session - Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union & non-union personnel, (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body); and return to open session:
21. Executive Session Minutes: June 10, 2019
22. Memorandums of Agreement with Labor Unions
23. Town Manager and Police Sergeant Contracts