REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
40 Field Street Extension
With option for remote Zoom participation:
Or dial 646-558-8656 Meeting ID: 783 577 7404 Passcode: 01226
September 27, 2021, 7:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: August 9, 2021, August 10, 2021
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
• Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
• The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
• Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
• Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
• Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
• The Chair or their designee may answer questions on procedural matters.
• Please be cordial and respectful of others.
• If anyone wishes to be recognized when the Board discusses an agenda item, please make the request at this time. The Board Chair may grant this request. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6.Committee Appointment Ratifications:
• Samuel Pascual for Dalton Redevelopment Authority for a term expiring June 30, 2025
• Jared Mongeon for Dalton Development & Industrial Commission for a term expiring June 30, 2025
7. Staff Appointment Ratifications:
• Joseph Coote as Permanent, Full-Time Police Officer, effective October 4, 2021
• Kimberly Emond for 24-hour Dispatcher position, effective October 4, 2021
• Jennifer Filippi for Part-Time Assistant Accountant
8. Licenses for Zinky’s Pub, LLC- William & Melissa Zink
• Corrections made to Annual, All-Alcohol license transfer application (from Cheryl, LLC dba Jacob’s)
• Common Victuallers, Entertainment & Jukebox
9. Approve the HVA Berkshire Watershed Conservation Manager as a Special Municipal employee
10. MassDOT proposed intersection improvements at Main & South (roundabout)
• Chair will read emails/letters received since the 9/14 listening session
• MassDOT- present data for clarification of questions
• Traffic Commission report & recommendation
• Select Board discuss resident feedback from listening session and recent emails/letters
• Determine next steps on Town of Dalton position of MassDOT preferred solution of a roundabout
11. Support for Environmental Justice on Peaker Plants
12. BOH Update
13. Traffic Commission recommendations
14. ARPA funds discussion
• Water District engineering request for $145,000
• Police Department request for $53,816
15. Open Space and Recreation Committee: draft charge
16. Approve precinct boundaries for the next decade
17. Request for a one-year contract extension for Green Communities Grant
18. Noise complaint: Roosters
19. Town Manager Update
20. Future Agenda Items
21. Items not anticipated 48 hours before the meeting
22. Remarks of the Select Board
24. Set next meeting date