SELECT BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M. October 24, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes : September 6, 2016 and October 3, 2016
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Consideration of Waiving Vocational School Application Deadline
7. Approval for CRA Halloween Parade October 27th
8. Open as Sewer Commission
• Consideration of Petition by Dalton Housing Authority
9. Grant Acceptances
• Police Department
• Emergency Management
• Historical Commission
11. Renewal of Inter-Municipal Agreement for Electrical Power Supply with Hampshire Council of Governments
12. Renewal of Transfer Station Contract with Republic Services
13. Approval of Special Town Meeting Warrant for November 14, 2016
14. Old Dalton High Report
• Senior Center Parking
15. Report on WRHS Renovation/Building Project
16. BRTA Bus Shelter – Curtis Ave.
17. Town Manager - Projects Update?
18. Remarks of Select Board Members
19. Items for Future Agendas
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Halloween (non-sanctioned Holiday) will be Monday, October 31st from 5:30p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Early voting can be done in person or by mail. In Dalton, early voting can be done in person at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main St., during the following dates and times, Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., from October 24, 2016 until November 3, 2016
• New Office Hours for the Building Inspector are Monday from 10:30 – 1:00, Tuesday from 12:30 – 3:30 and Thursday from 12:30 – 3:00.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and bargaining position of the public body); and to comply with, or act under the authority of general law Chapter 214 § 1B Right of Privacy, and not return to open session:
o Minutes: September 6, 2016, October 3, 2016