Selectmen’s Meeting January 22, 2018
2nd Floor, Town Hall Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:05 p.m. Fred Hoysradt to request a waiver of the deadline for filing an application for a commercial shellfishing license, and also, a waiver of certain document requirements for that license.
6:30 p.m. Lee Spence, and others, to Discuss History and Future of Essex River Cultural District.
7:00 p.m. Quarterly Department Head Meeting
8:00 p.m. Youth Commission to discuss recommended job description for Youth Director and future seasonal events.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period January 5th, 2018 through January 19th, 2018, regarding the following:
• Town Building Committee Meeting Summary
• Schedule and Process for Town Clerk Interviews
• Process for Promotion and/or Interviews, Town Accountant Vacancy
• Contract for Construction of Fiber Optic Municipal Network
• Beneficial Sediment Re-use Project Update
• Further Review & Development of RFP for Centennial Grove Master Plan
• Further Comparison of Options for Street Light Conversion
• Preservation Award Nomination, Town Hall and Library
• Preliminary Draft of Annual Town Meeting Warrant
• Green Crab Trapping Grant, FY18
• Support for Energy Efficiency on Cape Ann, as a Green Community
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 1/11/2018 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 12/16/17 $ 1,608.67 Fire Department
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/17 $ 20.00 Police Department
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/17 $ 33.40 Fire Department
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 12/19/17 $ 75.00 Fire Department
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 1/18/2018 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ramie Reader Reader Electric 12/20/17 $1,195.50 Sewer Department
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/21/17 $ 75.00 Snow & Ice
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/17 $ 848.95 Snow & Ice
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 01/09/18 $ 139.50 Police Department
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s January 8, 2018, morning Open Meeting and Executive Session; and, for the January 8, 2018 evening Open Meeting.
Review Calendar Year 2017 Accomplishments and Calendar Year 2018 Goals with Chief of Police.
Vote to accept two donations to the Police Department Gift Account in the amount of $220.00.
Discuss possibility of moving the annual Town election from the Fire Station to the Town Hall.
Discussion regarding the harvesting of oysters, see letter from Shellfish Constable.
Consider temporary arrangement for fuel reimbursement for Shellfish Department personnel due to lack of operational Town vehicle.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• Consider approval of revised Youth Director job description.
• Consider a merit increase for Virginia Antell, Deborah French, and Pamela Witham.
• There will be a Public Forum on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Auditorium to review options for a public safety building replacement.
• The Selectmen will attend a Public Hearing concerning the Manchester Essex Regional School District FY2019 final Operating Budget at the Essex Regional Elementary School on January 30, 2018, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, February 12, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Stage Conference Room on the second floor, 30 Martin Street.
Discussion and possible votes on effects of past tax taking and conversion to Town conservation land on parcels that may have been encumbered with specific, third party property rights prior to Town involvement; Executive Session pursuant to G.L. c. 30A, §21(a)(7) expected.
Conduct contract negotiations with Town Administrator.
Discuss purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property relative to possible future site for public safety facility.