REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, September 14, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87262448075?pwd=QUVNV1krZE5ObHRFeVJkLzBFVTN2QT09
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link or dial 684-6111 X28
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when the Board discusses an agenda item, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Nexamp PILOT Agreement
7. Acceptance of DCC Franchise Fee for 2nd quarter
8. Dalton Police Dept. Grant Acceptance: FFY2020 Coronavirus Emergency Supplement Funding Program.
• Permanent Intermittent Officer
• Acting Sergeants (2)
• North Mt. Park Committee
• Municipal Approving Authority
10. Police Chief Search Committee Update
11. Close-out of the Old Dalton High Demolition Contract
12. Town Manager Updates
13. Items for Future Agendas
14. Remarks of Select Board
15. Select Board Chair Updates
16. “Open Meeting Law” Complaint –review, discuss and respond to Open Meeting Law Complaint filed by Christopher Furlong dated September 8, 2020.”
• The Town Hall is now open during usual hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Wednesday and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday. Masks are required and social distancing must be observed.
For Regions in Level 2 – Significant Drought
Residents and Businesses:
• Minimize overall water use;
• Limit outdoor watering to hand-held hoses or watering cans, to be used only after 5 p.m. or before 9 a.m. one day a week.
Immediate Steps for Communities:
• Adopt and implement the state’s nonessential outdoor water use restrictions for drought; Level 2 restriction calls for limiting outdoor watering to hand-held hoses or watering cans, to be used only after 5 p.m. or before 9 a.m.
• Limit or prohibit installation of new sod, seeding, and/or landscaping; watering during or within 48 hours after measurable rainfall; washing of hard surfaces (sidewalks, patios, driveways, siding); personal vehicle or boat washing; operation of non-recirculating fountains; filling of swimming pools, hot tubs, and backyard informal rinks.
• Implement drought surcharge or seasonal water rates.
• Establish water-use reduction targets for all water users and identify top water users and conduct targeted outreach to help curb their use.
• The Transfer Station New FY21 Prices
Sticker Price 1st Vehicle $115.00
2nd Vehicle $ 40.00
Bags Price 30 gal. Bag (large) $4.00 - Package of 10 $40.00
1.5 gal. Bag (small) $3.30 – Package of 10 $33.00
For a complete price list go to Dalton-ma.gov. and click on the Transfer Station button.
NEW HOURS FOR COMPOST AND BRUSH AREA
• Tues/Wed- 2pm-5pm
• Fri/Sat- 8am-3pm
• Message from the Dalton Police Department
Police Department is closed to the Public
Due to Covid-19, The Dalton Police Department is closed to the public until further notice. The public can still come and speak to an officer by using the call box and dispatch will send an officer out to speak with you.
Processing of Firearm Permit
Firearm permits are processed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. by appointments only due to Covid-19. Please call 413-684-0300 to schedule your appointment. No walk ins are being accepted at this time.
A check or money order for $ 100 made payable to the Town of Dalton.
Permits are taking between 4 – 6 months to process from start to finish.
Please be advised even though permits are processed during 10 and 3 p.m. there are circumstances that will prevent permits from being processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
• The Dalton Library is now open 12-5 on Monday, Thursday & Friday; 10-5 on Tuesday and 12-8 on Wednesday. Anyone in a high-risk population may schedule a time in the AM to come in by themselves with no questions asked. Lobby pickup continues for anyone who would rather not enter the building. Call 684-6112 for more information.
18. Anticipated executive session in accordance with G.L. c. 30A, §21(a) (2) to discuss (1) Fy21 Budget Update in regards to Non-Union personnel. (2) Town Clerk Matters; and not to return to open session
19. Executive Minutes: