Selectmen’s Meeting June 29, 2020
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via Conference Call. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting. The call-in number will be: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. Please mute your phones. If you do not have a mute button, press *6 (star 6) to mute and unmute from a landline phone.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: email@example.com Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period June 13, 2020 through June 26, 2020, regarding the following:
• Parking & Speed Management Near Farnham’s Restaurant, Route 133
• Route 133 Bridge Replacement Design Public Hearing Webinar
• Change Order: Miscellaneous Credits & Rebar Modifications-Public Safety Facility
• Public Safety Facility Project Construction Update
• Award of Contract for Downtown Line Striping and Signage
• Possible Alternative On-Bill Energy Credits (AOBCs) for Off-Site Solar
• Possible Article Topics for Fall Town Meeting
• Promulgation of Local Marijuana Licensing Regulations
• Signature of One-Year School Lease Extension Agreement
• Update of Town Continuity of Operations Plan
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 06/18/2020 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 05/24/2020 $ 45.00 Highway
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 06/25/2020 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Scott DeWitt Perkins Marine 04/21/2020 $ 2,113.00 Harbormaster
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s June 15, 2020, Open Meeting.
Vote to approve the Chairman’s signature on the Police & Fire Accident Insurance Renewal forms for FY2021.
Approve a building permit for a handicap access ramp for 172 Conomo Point Road.
Vote to approve the recommendation of Chief Francis to promote Detective Ryan Davis to Sergeant, effective July 1, 2020.
Selectmen’s acknowledgement of a vacancy on the Finance Committee due to the election of former member Guy Bradford to the Board of Selectmen.
Board discussion on a specific process to evaluate municipal revenue throughout fiscal year 2021 and to possibly require spending cuts within the Town operating budget in order to maintain a balanced budget. Coordination with the Finance Committee and the Town Accountant are also matters for consideration.
Discuss current parking and access restrictions at Conomo Point and determine whether any of the current practices and restrictions should be modified or removed.
Discussion with respect to the final design of the Fire/Police Facility Dedication Plaque.
Consider opening up more roadside parking at Conomo Point.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
APPOINTMENTS - Vote the following appointments and sign the appointment cards:
Essex Cultural Council for 3 years:
• Janet Carlson
• Robyn Kanter
Emergency Management Director for 1 year: Daniel Doucette
Finance Committee for 3 years: Michael Flynn
Fire Engineers Board for 1 year:
• Daniel Doucette, Fire Chief
• Keith Carter, Deputy Chief
• Ramie Reader, Deputy Chief
Fire Department for 1 year:
• Ernest Nieberle, Jr., Firefighter, Captain
• Travis Good, Firefighter, Lieutenant
• Cory Jackson, Firefighter, Lieutenant
• Joseph Lafata, Firefighter, Lieutenant
• David Pereen, Firefighter, Lieutenant
• David Thompson, Firefighter, Lieutenant
• Daniel Ball, Firefighter
• John Bateman, Firefighter
• Craig Carter, Firefighter
• Robert Cavender, Firefighter
• Philip C. Cicala, Firefighter
• Samuel Crocker V, Firefighter
• Colt Donahue, Firefighter
• Richard Dort, Jr., Firefighter
• Daniel Fialho, Firefighter
• Michael French, Firefighter
• Christian Hassel, Firefighter
• Jason Heath, Firefighter
• Peter Hoare, Firefighter
• Barry Leeds, Firefighter
• Amy McNeilly, Firefighter
• James McNeilly, Firefighter
• Edward S. Neal, Firefighter
• Jon O'Bryan, Firefighter
• Nicholas Ouellette, Firefighter
• Kent Parsons, Firefighter
• Joan Perrigo, Firefighter
• Anthony Pizzo, Firefighter
• Andrew Ray, Firefighter
• Sean Reed, Firefighter
• Ryan Santos, Firefighter
• Michael Soucy, Firefighter
• George Stavros, Firefighter
• Eian Woodman, Firefighter
• Christopher Doucette, Firefighter, Probationary
• Jason Hammer, Firefighter, Probationary
• Patrick Roddy, Firefighter, Probationary
• Erin Kirchner, EMT, Probationary
• Benjamin Pike, EMT, Probationary
Forest Fire Warden for 1 year: Daniel Doucette
Open Space Committee for 1 year:
• Nancy Dudley
• Tamson Gardner
• Lysa Leland
• Julie Scofield
Police Officer, Sergeant for partial 3-year term: Ryan Davis
Police Officer, Part-Time for 1 year: Justin Symonds
Town Clerk, Assistant 1 for a partial 3-year term: Dawn Burnham
Veterans’ Graves Officer for 1 year: Blake Story
Alteration Of Premises:
• J.T. Farnhams
Student Shellfish Permit:
• Andrew Cort
The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, July 13, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area of the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.
AGENDA – EXECUTIVE SESSION
• Discussion relative to possible contract negotiations between the Board and the Essex Police Benevolent Association (EPBA).