REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting Via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, July 13, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via Zoom. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82790960041
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: March 9, March 16, May 7, and May 14, 2020
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82790960041, or dial 684-6111 X28
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. COVID-19 Phase III Reopening Update
7. Transfer Station – Lawn & Leaf Area
8. Petition to National Park Service for a Train Crossing
9. Waste Management Advisory Committee
10. Dalton Municipal Electrical Aggregation- Revised Aggregation Plan
11. Police Chief’s Leadership
• Interim Chief
• Acting Chief
• Reserve Police Officer
• Annual Town Appointments
13. Junk Cars Extension Requests
14. Vacation Carry-Over Requests
15. Town Manager Updates
16. IT Project
17. BRTA Inter-municipal agreements
18. Items for Future Agendas
19. Remarks of Select Board
• The Town Hall is now open during usual hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Wednesday and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday. Masks must be worn and social distancing observed.
• The Dalton Library is now available for pickup 9-5 M/T/Th, 12-8 W, 8-4 F
Library users may begin placing requests immediately by emailing
email@example.com. Telephone requests will also be accepted. The
Library is planning to reopen with limited hours and patron restrictions
following state guidelines call 684-6112.
21. Anticipated executive session in accordance with G.L. c. 30A, §§21(a)(2) and 21(a)(3) to conduct a collective bargaining session and to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining (DPOU Step 3 Grievance Hearing); and not return to open session.
NOTE: The Chair must declare that having a discussion in Open Session may be detrimental to the public body’s bargaining position.
• Executive Session Minutes