Selectmen’s Meeting December 28, 2020
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for audio-only). No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so using the tools discussed below, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
In the event that the video conferencing system fails for some reason, the meeting will be broadcast on a different conference call line, accessed by telephone only, as follows: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BACKUP PROTOCOL UNLESS THE METHODS IN THE TWO PRECEEDING PARAGRAPHS ARE NOT WORKING (NOT YOU JUST HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING), SINCE THE BOARD WILL NOT BE MOVING TO THIS ALTERNATIVE NUMBER UNLESS THE PLATFORM FAILS FOR THE BOARD.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: firstname.lastname@example.org Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period December 12, 2020 through December 25, 2020, regarding the following:
• Public Safety Building Custodian Hire
• Town Administrator Calendar Year 2021 Goals
• Public Safety Building Construction Project Update
• Change Order: Ledge at Mast Arm Foundation, Public Safety Stoplight
• Change Order: Delete Cord Reels in Public Safety Apparatus Bay
• Change Order: Add Monitor in Sergeants’ Office, Public Safety Building
• Change Order: Ceiling and Soffit Modifications, Public Safety Building
• Change Order: Delete Cane Rail & Add Partition, Public Safety Building
• Extension of Builder’s Risk Policy, Public Safety Building
• Fiscal Year 2022 Selectmen’s Operating Budget Request
• Fiscal Year 2022 Selectmen’s Capital Budget Update
• School Budget Collaboration Group Meeting Summary
• Draft List of Potential Annual Town Meeting Topics
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 12/17/2020 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 11/24/2020 $ 326.00 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 11/24/2020 $ 141.30 Fire
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 12/03/2020 $ 614.00 Fire
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 12/24/20 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
David Pereen Pereen Plumbing 12/18/2020 $ 900.00 Council on Aging
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s December 14, 2020, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
• Possible appointment of an Assistant Building Inspector to replace retiring Assistant Building Inspector William Holton.
• Consider scheduling an appointment to hear proposals from several students (Charlie Falk, Sean Stevens, Wylie Glorieux, Connor Bell) for the creation and placement of monuments in Town, including a water bottle filling station.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Antiques License Renewals:
• Channing Howard, Howard’s Visual Merchandise, 165 Eastern Avenue
Common Victualler License Renewals:
• Dimitrios Tegos, Essex Pizza & Restaurant, 235 Western Avenue
• Consider approving a late shellfish permit application from Devin DePaolis.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, January 11, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.