SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, August 14, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: July 10, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Open as Licensing Board:
• Public Hearing
ALL ALCOHOL ON-PREMISES: APPLICANT - Mazvar II LLC 1088 South St.
• Close as Licensing Board
• Reserve Police Officer
• Building Commissioner/Zoning Enforcement Officer
• Cultural Council
• Regional Planning Commission Alternate
8. Accept & Sign Deed for gift of land from Model Farm LLC
9. Presentation on Northeast Power Link – Peter Kavanaugh
10. Discussion of Waste Management Study Committee functions being assigned to the Green Dalton Committee
11. Discussion – Electricity Rates
12. Special Permit # 553 Eversource Solar Development
13. Set FY’18 Sewer User Fee
14. Consideration of Inter-governmental Agreement with BRPC for FY’18 Stormwater Management
15. Application from ZBA: Petition #555 for 44 Eleanor Drive to convert a single family house to two family
16. CBRSD WHRS Building Project Update
17. Town Manager Updates
18. Remarks of Select Board Members
19. Items for Future Agendas
• On August 19th there will be a celebration of Dalton being designated an Appalachian Trail Community. Bob McBain and Brian Sears are leading a family friendly walk/hike along the AT through town. Leaving Pinegrove Park at 9:30 a.m., approximately 2 miles round trip. There will be a volunteer work opportunity at the Kay Wood Shelter hosted by the Appalachian Mountain Club. Register in advance at: firstname.lastname@example.org & meet at the Grange Hall Rd. trailhead at 9 a.m. This project will be completed in time for participants to join the group at Pinegrove Park. Local and state government officials and AMC and ATC leaders will speak starting about noon. Music is being provided by Mark Franklin and Nate Sears 11-1:30 p.m. Hot dogs and hamburgers are going to be provided by the Dalton Firemen's Association. There will be purchased salads, and SweetPeas ice cream will be available. Contributions have been made by John Kelly, Dalton Firemen's Association and the AMC.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• The Central Berkshire Regional School Committee is seeking a representative from the Town of Dalton
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
21. Executive Session To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body) and return to open session:
• Review of 2010 Executive Session Minutes
22. Consideration of Adopting Revisions to the Employee Salary & Fringe Benefits Policy