1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: December 9, 2020
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
• Police Dept.- Temporary Full Time Officer
- Permanent Intermittent Officer
• Green Dalton Committee
7. Community Compact IT Report
8. Regional Housing Rehab. Program - BRPC
9. Street Repaving List & Plan
10. American Legion celebrates its Centennial Birthday.
11. Green Dalton Committee request to support proposed legislation S.1974
12. Approval of Contract between MassDEP, WM Recycle America & Town of Dalton
13. Planning Budget Update & Plan for FY’21
14. Town Manager Updates
• DLTA Submission
• Junk Cars
• White House
15. Remarks of Select Board
16. Items for Future Agendas
• The Town Clerk would like to remind Dalton Residents that Dog Licenses are due on Jan 1, 2020. Information offering the option of licensing by mail was included on the Annual Census Form. Send the proper fees, proof of Spaying or neutering, and rabies documentation. These documents and fees can also be placed in the Drop Box on South Carson Avenue.
A $10 late fee will be charged as of February 1, 2020, so owners of unlicensed dogs after that date, must remember to add an additional $10 to the licensing check.
A $50 failure to license fine will also be imposed as of April 1, 2020 to those owners whose dogs remain unlicensed.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Town Clerk’s office at 413-684-6111-14 or 15.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which went into effect on November 15, 2019 and will be in effect until April 15, 2020.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Select Board Chair Bob Bishop – holds office by appointment in Town Hall and at the Senior Center. For further information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• The Green Dalton Committee, Board of Appeals are looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
18. Executive Session – And Not Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session with respect to litigation and to comply with or act under the authority of any general or special law namely Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 214 section1B Right of Privacy. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the public body); and not return to open session:
• Executive Session Minutes