SELECT BOARD REGULAR MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, June 12, 2017
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: May17, 2017, May 22, 2017
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. 2nd Berkshire District State Representative Paul Mark
7. Open as Parks Commission
• Approval of AT Trail Community Celebration at Pine Grove Park August 19th
8. Transfer Request from Account # 210 Police Expense to Account 210
• Authorization for Building Supt. to Begin at Higher Step
• Removal of Reserve Police Officer
• Dissolution of Old Dalton High Advisory Committee
10. Grant Acceptance: FEMA approval of HMA funding
11. Inter-Municipal Agreements
• Agreement with BRTA
• Agreement with BRPC
• Authorization to Extend the Agreement with Adams on a Temporary Basis
12. Approval of Franchise Fee from Time Warner to the Dalton Community Cable
13. Reorganization of the Select Board
14. CBRSD WHRS Building Project Update
15. Town Manager Updates
• Special Town Meeting
• Draft Capital Budget
• Other Issues/Projects
16. Remarks of Select Board Members
17. Items for Future Agendas
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Veteran’s Agent. Office hours are on Tuesdays 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Building Inspector's Office Hours - Mondays: 10:30 – 2:30, Wednesday 7:00 AM - 9:00 A.M. and Thursdays: 11:30 – 3:30. It is suggested that you call 684-6111 x 27 to schedule an appointment. The building official will also schedule an office appointment at a different day and time , if requested.
19. Executive Session To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating, and litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session:
20. Minutes: May 22, 2017