Town Building Committee
Board of Selectmen
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Town Hall, 3rd Floor Auditorium
PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING PUBLIC FORUM
• Introduction of the Town Building Committee, summary of work to date and review of the site selection process.
• Review of the forum format and opportunities for questions and comments.
• Introduction of the Town’s Project Manager and Architectural Firm.
• Brief review concerning the various features that have been recommended within each building.
• Brief review of the various options that have been studied by the Town Building Committee:
o Bird’s eye view of the various parcels.
o Comparative matrix illustrating pros and cons for each parcel.
o Comparative matrix illustrating certain premium costs for certain site selections.
o Summary of eminent domain considerations and position to date.
• Focus concerning the Committee’s recommended option.
o New Fire Station on John Wise Avenue, using Town land and land to be purchased.
o New Police Station at the present location, after the Fire Department moves out.
• Approval process via February 11 Special Town Meeting and May 6 Annual Town Meeting.
• Design work to be undertaken before Annual Town Meeting.
• Project schedule should an affirmative vote occur in May.
• Public Comment.