REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
7:00 P.M, August 12, 2019
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: July 29, 2019
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Consideration of Letter to EOEA, RE: SMART Program
7. Set Sewer Rates FY20
8. Proposed Chapter 90 Street Resurfacing Projects
9. Grant Acceptances
• FY20 State 911 Support & Incentive
• FY20 State 911 Medical Dispatch
10. Town Manager Updates
• Hazmat N. Mt. Park
• Update on LED Streetlights Project
11. BRPC’s and Berkshire County Selectman’s Association – 2019 Annual Meeting
12. Discussion of Future Select Board Meeting Locations
13. Remarks of Select Board
14. Items for Future Agendas
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• Select Board Chair Bob Bishop – holds office hours weekly on Thursday at the Town Hall from 2:30 to 4:00 PM, also by appointment and at the Senior Center on the First and Second Thursday of the month from 2:30 to 4:00 PM. To reserve time at the Dalton Senior Center, please call 413-684-2000. For further information, or to schedule other appointments, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• The Green Dalton Committee, Board of Appeals and Conservation Commission are looking for new members. If interested, contact the Town Manager’s Office. 684-6111 X11.
16. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel, and litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body); and not return to open session:
17. Executive Session Minutes: July 29, 2019