Selectmen’s Meeting August 29, 2016
7:00 p.m. Public Comment.
7:15 p.m. Chris LaPointe, Essex County Greenbelt Association, to get new signatures on a previously approved, corrected Conservation Restriction for over 59.3 acres of land located off Choate Street, as part of the larger Sagamore Hill Conservation Project.
7:30 p.m. Wendall Kalsow of McGinley, Kalsow & Associates to discuss possible options for revitalizing the Town Hall Memorial Auditorium as part of the ongoing Town Hall/Library renovation project.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period August 13th, through August 26th, 2016, regarding the following:
• Strategic Planning Committee Update and New Survey
• Cyber Security Analysis Proposal
• Structural Wood Repair/Replacement Change Order, Town Hall
• Change Order for Cosmetic Work on Existing Town Hall Baseboard Heat
• Change Order for Town Hall Third Floor Initial Additional Work Items
• Potential Change Order for Renovation of Town Hall Exterior Post Lamps
• Town Hall/Library Project Clerk of the Works Services End Date Planning
• Change Order for Northern Conomo Point Improvement Project Permitting
• Replacement of Former Memory Tree with Balsam Fir
• Preliminary List of Potential Article Topics for Fall Town Meeting
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 08-18-2016 and 09-01-16 warrants pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 7/24/16 464.70 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 7/24/16 431.25 Fire
Ramie Reader Reader Electric 8/04/16 921.00 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 7/24/16 806.30 Highway
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 7/24/16 500.00 Cemetery
David Pereen Pereen Plumbing 7/27/16 150.00 Water
Ramie Reader Reader Electric 7/29/16 952.00 Wastewater
Ramie Reader Reader Electric 8/1/16 714.00 Technology
Approve a Line Item Transfer in the amount of $1,700 from Selectmen’s Sick Leave BuyBack to Selectmen’s Temporary Clerical.
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s August 15, 2016 Open Meeting.
Consideration of photos to be used in first edition of commemorative Bicentennial Calendar.
Ratify the Chairman’s signature of the Council on Aging’s fiscal year 2017 Formula Grant application.
Vote to authorize the use of the Ryder Trust to fund revitalization work regarding the Town Hall Memorial Auditorium.
Sign amended license for Riversbend Restaurant which has had its Alteration of Premise Application approved by the ABCC.
Discussion regarding seating count management at Riversbend Restaurant, as related to liquor license conditions.
Discussion regarding possibly recommending to the Harbormaster adding limited mooring transferability provisions to the Harbor Regulations.
Approve a request to appoint Chad Lipinski to the position of Harbormaster’s Assistant for a partial 3 year term ending 6/30/2019.
Review request from Chief of Police to hold the Essex Car Show on Sunday, September 25, 2016, from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., including the closure of Martin Street from the Village Market to Winthrop Street and a one-lane closure in front of Town Hall.
Discussion regarding the upcoming “Paint Essex” event and how the expected additional traffic and parking needs should be managed.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Potential signature of deeds for Conomo Point sales on Robbins Island:
Romano, 29 Robbins Island Road, Map 108, Lot 17
Rettberg, 30 Robbins Island Road, Map 108, Lot 4
• Potential signature of deeds for Conomo Point sales at Southern Conomo Point:
• Consider written request from Kristian J. True, Trustee, True Family Irrevocable Trust to assign the Bridge Lease for 109 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 77 to the Basswood Irrevocable Trust.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• Approve application by Woodman’s, Inc. for One-Day Entertainment License on September 13, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. within the confines of the tent area at 125 Main Street.
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, September 12th, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the second floor meeting room at the Senior Center on Pickering Street. The Board will also meet on Thursday, September 8, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the Essex Elementary School, along with other boards, to discuss the status of the Northern Conomo Point Improvement Project with the Town’s consultant.