Selectmen’s Meeting December 18, 2017
Town Hall Stage Conference Area, 2nd Floor
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
7:00 p.m. Youth Commission to discuss recommended job description for Youth Director and future seasonal events.
7:30 p.m. Members of the Finance Committee to discuss hiring options for the Town Accountant.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period December 9th through December 15th, 2017, regarding the following:
• Tree Work off of Robbins Island Road
• Network Penetration and User Testing
• Discussion of Town Administrator’s Goals for Calendar Year 2018
• Appointment of Town Hall/Library Custodian
• Alternative Mechanism for Conversion and Maintenance of Street Lights
• Rehabilitation of Route 133 Bridge Over Essex River
• Repairs to Large Stone Pier, Conomo Point
• Further Review of Draft FY19 Capital and Operating Budget Requests
• Preliminary List of Potential Article Topics for Annual Town Meeting
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 12/14/2017 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 11/24/17 $ 331.60 Fire Department
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 11/26/17 $ 278.00 Town Property
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s December 11, 2017, Open Meeting and Executive Session.
Discuss request to communicate with Town Counsel with respect to property access over Laurel Lane.
Review a letter from the Mass Cultural Council regarding the expiration of the State designation of the Essex River Cultural District in June 2018.
Conomo Point Matters: None.
Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting:
• Vote to hold the Annual Town Meeting on May 7, 2018, starting at 7:30 pm at the Essex Elementary School.
• Vote to open the Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting and accept articles for inclusion in the Warrant until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
• Vote to accept reports for the Annual Town Report until noon on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
PERSONNEL BOARD: Consider approval of revised Youth Director job description.
Antiques License Renewal:
• Susan Blake, Muzio Designs, 55 John Wise Avenue
• Robert Coviello, Main Street Antiques, 44 Main Street
• Tom Lang, Perim Lang Antiques, 18 Eastern Avenue
Common Victuallers License Renewal:
• Cape Ann Pizza
• Essex Pizza
• The Selectmen will attend a Manchester Essex Regional School capital budget review meeting at the Manchester Essex Regional High School on December 19, 2017, starting at 7:00 p.m.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, January 8, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Stage Conference Room on the second floor, 30 Martin Street.
• There will be a Town Building Committee meeting on Thursday, January 18, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Auditorium.
• There will be a Public Forum on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Auditorium to review options for a public safety building replacement.
• The Selectmen will attend a Public Hearing concerning the Manchester Essex Regional School District FY2019 final Operating Budget at the Manchester Essex Regional High School on January 30, 2018, starting at 7:00 p.m.