Selectmen’s Meeting November 4, 2019
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:30 p.m. Business Community and the Economic Development Committee to review the proposed downtown striping and signage project.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period October 19th, 2019 through November 1st, 2019, regarding the following:
• Essex Housing Coalition Meeting Summary
• Strategic Planning Committee Meeting Summary
• Award of Construction Contract for Public Safety Facility
• Builder’s Risk Policy for New Public Safety Facility Construction Project
• Parking, Speed Limit, and Crosswalk Discussion with State DOT
• Adjustment of Spotlights on Main Street
• School District Budget Coordination Meeting
• Draft Fall Town Meeting Motions
• Possible Acquisition of Apple Street Property or Right of Way
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s October 21, 2019, Open Meeting.
Discussion concerning a proposal to increase coverage for Town-owned property and an increase in flood/quake insurance coverage.
Vote to approve a request for a donation of $200 towards the Essex Merchants Group’s annual mums beautification program.
Consider the appointment of Jude Seminara to the position of Deputy Shellfish Constable, contingent upon successful passage of a pre-employment drug and medical screen and the passage of the required State training course the next time it is offered.
Consider a letter of interest from Maureen Flatley to be appointed as a member of the Economic Development Committee which currently has seven members (1 Planning Board member, 3 At-large members, and 3 members from the business community).
Vote to acknowledge a proclamation by Governor Charles Baker and Lt. Governor Karyn E. Polito proclaiming November 11, 2019 to be Veterans Day.
Consider a request for the Essex Lions Club to hold their Annual Turkey Trot on Sunday, November 24, 2019. Sign the MA Parade Permit Application.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Status of offers to purchase the Town’s vacant lot at 0 Sumac Drive, Map 110, Lot 7.
• Consider a request to add to the existing deck at 9 Middle Road, Map 108, Lot 58.
Review proof of proposed Centennial Grove replacement sign.
Continued discussion regarding the formation of a committee to make recommendations for negotiations with the proponent of a proposed retail marijuana dispensary at the corner of Eastern Avenue and Harlow Street with respect to a Host Community Agreement.
Discuss one Selectman’s potential participation in 1623 Studio’s “Need to Know” video series, specifically in reference to previewing the upcoming Fall Town Meeting Articles.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
LICENSING: Vote to report to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission that the estimated temporary increased resident population of the Town of Essex, as of July 10, 2020 will be 3,700.
• There will be a public hearing held by the Zoning Board of Appeals on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, in the 3rd Floor Auditorium of the Town Hall regarding the Great Marsh Brewery’s request for a larger sign at the brewery on Main Street.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, November 18, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Faculty Room at the Essex Elementary School on Story Street.
• The Fall Town Meeting will be held in the gymnasium at the Essex Elementary School on Story Street on Monday, November 18, 2019, starting at 7:30 p.m.
Discussion of pending litigation concerning the City of Gloucester vs. the Town of Essex, Superior Court C.A. No. 17-310C.