Selectmen’s Meeting March 26, 2018
2nd Floor, Town Hall Stage Conference Area, 30 Martin Street
6:00 p.m. Public Comment.
6:05 p.m. Public Hearing concerning an application for an Annual Weekday Entertainment License and an Annual Sunday Entertainment License by Riversbend Restaurant, 35 Dodge Street, plus 2 One-Day Entertainment Licenses and 2 One-Day Wine & Malt Licenses.
6:30 p.m. Alteration of Premise – Riversbend Restaurant.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period March 10th, 2018 through March 23, 2018, regarding the following:
• Joint Meeting of Strategic Planning and Economic Development Committees
• Northeast Coastal Coalition Meeting
• Coastal Resilience Grant Monthly Report
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 03/22/18 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 3/22/2018 $ 82.30 Highway
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 3/22/2018 $ 171.95 Highway
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 3/22/2018 $ 230.00 Wastewater
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 3/22/2108 $ 230.00 Highway
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 3/22/2018 $ 250.00 Highway
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 3/22/2108 $ 250.00 Sewer
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s March 12, 2018, Open Meeting.
Vote to ratify the declaration of a State of Emergency for the last storm that commenced March 12 at 11:00 p.m. through March 14, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Vote to ratify the declaration of a State of Emergency if one was declared for the March 21 storm.
Vote to approve a request from the Board of Public Works for an additional $15,000 for snow removal.
Vote to recommend Water and Sewer Enterprise Fund budgets to the Annual Town Meeting.
Annual Town Meeting, May 7, 2018/Annual Town Election May 14, 2018:
• Discussion and vote to include articles and voting language in the Warrant for the May 7, 2018 Annual Town Meeting and the May 14, 2018 Annual Town Election as they appear in the 3/26/18 draft, or as revised at the meeting.
• Vote to close the Warrant.
• Vote to sign the Warrant.
• Vote to transmit ballot question language to the Town Clerk, if any.
Vote to appoint Cliff Ageloff and Tom Barrieau to fill the vacancies left on the Conservation Commission left by Wallace Bruce and Elisabeth Frye at the recommendation of the Conservation Commission. Sign the appointment cards.
Approve a Memorandum of Understanding between the Essex Council on Aging and the North Shore Cape Ann Topsfield Region Medical Reserve Corps for Senior Well-Check Services, if available by meeting time.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Vote to approve the removal of Stephanie and Anthony Storella from the lease for 39 Middle Road, Map 108, Lot 21.
• Vote to issue and sign a license agreement with the Conomo Point Association to attach ramps and floats to the Stone Pier at the Point.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Ratification of the approval of a Commercial Shellfish Permit and waiver of the late fee:
• Tomaz Tofuri
Commercial Shellfish Permit:
• James Fitzgerald
• Zaim Seraj
• Paul Tofuri
• Eugen Xhalia
Senior Shellfish Permit:
• Bedri Balili
Student Shellfish Permit:
• Cooper Riehl
Commercial Shellfish Permit and waiver of late fee, request to mail license renewal applications in the future, and request to open the flats on Sundays:
• Mark Jordan
• Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Workshop on Thursday, April 5th, 2018. The MVP Workshop will take place from 8am to 2:30pm in Essex Town Hall. Breakfast refreshments and lunch will be provided.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, April 9, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Stage Conference Room on the second floor, 30 Martin Street.
• Coastal Resilience Grant Public Workshop highlighting the inter-relatedness of emergency planning and coastal resilience planning, April 25, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m., Essex Town Hall.
• Discussion with respect to collective bargaining strategy concerning the collective bargaining agreement between the Town and the Essex Police Benevolent Association.
• Discuss purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property relative to a possible future site for a public safety facility.