Town Building Committee
Board of Selectmen
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Town Hall, 2rd Floor Stage Conference Area
30 Martin Street
• Questions from the public.
• Approve minutes from May 1, 2019.
• Review recent decisions involving the Town Meeting and the Annual Election.
• General design update from Johnson Roberts Associates.
• Discuss options for and select the type of HVAC system that will be designed for the proposed public safety facility.
• Review efforts to economize the design for the proposed public safety facility based upon the architect’s own efforts, recent choices made by the fire and police departments, and whether or not optional items such as additional excavation, for storage, will be part of the program.
• Exploration of other economizing options that have not necessarily been discussed by the fire and police departments to date.
• Discuss options for project delivery method: Design-Bid-Build vs. Construction Manager At-Risk.
• Discuss pending purchase of 11 John Wise Avenue, closing set for May 30, 2019.
• Review overall project schedule.
• Discuss timing of future Town Meeting borrowing/appropriation vote for proposed public safety facility.
• Set future Town Building Committee meeting dates.
• Items not contemplated by the Chairman in advance of the meeting posting deadline.
• Public comment.