SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., February 22, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes:, February 1, 2016, February 8, 2016
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
• Police Department
• Development Commission
7. Consideration of 39th CRA Annual Dalton Road Race to be held on May 1, 2016
8. MassDOT response to request for additional parking on Main Street & School St. Parking
9. Historic Commission Request for additional storage space
10. Budget Update and Budgets
310-CBRSD (tentative approval 2/11 & hearing 2/25), 420 Highway (296-Tree Warden, 423-Snow, 440-Sewer Maint. 491- Cemetery, 650-Parks Maint.), 510-Board of Health (522-Nurse, 523-Mental Health), 691-Historical Comm., 692-Memorial Day, 693-Cultural Activities
11. Pipeline working group update & Mass DPU Public Hearing
12. Town Manager Projects Updates
13. Future Agenda Items
14. Set Public Hearing Date/Location for discussion on Old Dalton High Disposition.
15. Remarks by Select Board Members
• Grow Dalton, a diverse group of community members and business leaders working together to create a shared vision of promoting the Town of Dalton as a favorable place for families and businesses to reside and work, is holding an informal meeting open to all interested members of the public to offer fresh ideas regarding how Dalton can be developed into a hub for new business and community involvement. The meeting will be held at the Stationery Factory, 63 Flansburg Ave., Dalton, MA, March 16, 2016 from 7-8:30 pm.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager’s Office.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban that went into effect on November 15, 2015 and will remain in effect until April 15, 2016
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station located at the Senior Center, is in service and may be used free of charge for a short period of time
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.; or by appointment, in the Select Board Office, at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body). To comply with, or act under the authority of any general law: Chapter 214 section 1B Right of Privacy and not return to open session.
• Minutes of Executive Sessions for February 1, 2016, February 8, 2016