Join from the meeting link
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 182 236 4959
Meeting password: qrPJp7C2XX2 (77757722 from phones)
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-510-338-9438,,1822364959#77757722# USA Toll
Some mobile devices may ask attendees to enter a numeric meeting password.
A. Call to Order, 7:00 PM
B. School Committee Attendance at ME All –Boards Meeting, 7:00 PM
• Discuss the present status of proposed FY22 apportionments for both towns, based on the most recent vote of the School Committee.
-Review the actual history of operating budget apportionment increases
• Reconciling FY22 budget. What do we know now that we didn’t know on Feb 2nd? What is the best strategic use of reserve funds given the advisement above?
-Essex and MBTS status
• Discuss, generally, what expectations should be for future fiscal years.
- Mandated (fixed) vs discretionary (variable) spending
- Long-term capital obligations
• Discuss whether the meeting participants favor supporting annual operating increases at some level above 2.5% per year (which may require periodic Proposition 2 ½ overrides) versus restructuring the school district’s programs to keep the annual overall apportionment increase at 2.5%.
- What does 2.5% mean (levy limit vs. levy increase)?
- Comparative data
- What is the impact to the educational program and what process does the District use in identifying programmatic and staffing cuts?
- Identify a "range of reasonableness"
C. Public Comment, 8:45 PM
D. Adjourn, 9:00 PM